Radio Problems Help

BAD LT-1

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an 2001 LS, the only problem with it is when I turn on the Rear window defogger it makes the radio all static. I get no stations what soever, i turn the deFogger off and radio comes back. Any suggestions???

BAD LT-1 said:
I have an 2001 LS, the only problem with it is when I turn on the Rear window defogger it makes the radio all static. I get no stations what soever, i turn the deFogger off and radio comes back. Any suggestions???

Check the plug for the antenna. It is just to the drivers side of center, where the headliner and back glass meet. There is a nub on the glass to which the plug attaches. It is easy to knock off when cleaning the rear glass.

I'll do some digging. IIRC alldata showed a tsb for this on the 03 models. And I think it was a MESS to try to fix. my solution, play CD while defrosting.

LOL, Thanks alot, so far im doin the CD thing. but would love to have the radio on during traffic in the morning.

Anybody ever find the full TSB for this? I've got the same issue in my recently acquired '06. I checked the antenna connection and that seems to be okay. I'd like to have the full TSB to take with me when I go back to the dealer.

-Jim

Members online

Back