Radio doesn't turn off

lincolnhusker

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats up everyone?

I don't post much on this forum, except for when I have a problem with my ls. I post here because many of you all know the ins and outs of the ls and I know I will get a reliable answer.

Okay... so here is my problem: I have a 2001 ls that the audio (cd and radio) does not turn off when I turn the car off and open my door. This does not occur all the time, but only on random occassions. What I typically do is keep the door open, put the key back in the ignition and turn it to the accessory position then turn it back off. This always works.

It really isn't a major problem, but rather more of an annoyance. What are your thoughts as to why I have this problem. could it be a connection in the ignitoin or elsewhere? And how would you guys eliminate this problem? Thanks all.

I have the same issue/fix as you. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Mine only happens once every other week or so (2000 V8).

Ya I experience it on occassion as well. Sometimes I'd like to know how I do it because it could be useful in certain situations such as during cleaning. I think it may have to do with the quick turn-back and removal of key or possibly the corresponding timing of removing the key and opening the door.

When you open the door, do the lights come on? If they don't, it could be that the switch that tells the car the door is open may be intermittently failing. If you have the Message Center, when the problem occurs, push the Status button and see if the car thinks the door is closed...

radio won't turn off

I have a 95 mark8. Radio stays on. when I re-push the volume knob,like manual sez,RADIO STAYS ON(probably wearing out antenna motor doing this). I've only had this car 3 mons. It is IMMACULATE. Older owner died 41,000, never in rain,etc. It's not my daily driver. What am I doing wrong?? It worked first 2-1/2 mons.

Y'all might get a better response if you asked in the Mark VIII section rather than in the LS section...

When you open the door, do the lights come on? If they don't, it could be that the switch that tells the car the door is open may be intermittently failing.
X2

the contacts in the switch might just need to be cleaned

Members online

Back