Radio Acting up

TriumphGT6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My 1991 Lincoln Town Car has the Premium Sound Cassette Deck. Its the one without a built in clock. Here's the problem:

For a whole day it would turn on and off whenever it pleased, but it would work with no problems when it was on. I was mad, so I used my Ford Radio removal tools and took it out. When I put it back in later, no sound would come out, period. Not even crap noise.

What could be the cause of my misery? I just want to fix this, or buy another OEM cassette deck of the same kind. I have a cassette adapter which I use for MP3 players and CD players, so I don't want a CD Deck.

Any Ideas? Any Experiences?

Don't have an answer for you there.. I know mine has some popping noises like a speaker is shorting out sometimes when I adjust the volume.. Except there isn't a speaker grounding out.. so it must be internal in the stereo..

I don't have any other problems with it though.. I run the casette adapter like you and play MP3s through there..

I bought an Identical one off of eBay for $20 + $19 shipping. It should be here Friday. I tested the AMP (I did) and all of the speakers (my dad did, I was at work and didn't have the time) and they are all good, so this should be the end of this problem.

I have never had the grounding issue, as I can blast it with the "cool" kids up at college that waste a ton of money on aftermarket system setups. I know that when I am ready to do it, I have a set of 4 Bose door speakers and can get 2 big ones for the back. Then I would be ready to massacre them.

Thanks Anyway,
GT6

Members online

No members online now.
Back