Radiator Fan Problem

BroJack

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got a 93 Fleetwood Brougham. Immaculate! A dream come true! The motor is new with under 12,000 miles. I took it to the park the other day and when I came back to the car I heard something running under the hood. I popped it and found that one of the two radiator fans was running . . . had been for at least 2 hours. Of course the battery would not start the motor. I had to get it jumped. Well, I now have to disconnect the fan when I turn off the car and reconnect when I start it! Otherwise the fan just keeps on running. I haven't taken it in yet, so I figured I would check here to see if anyone has any idea what the problem is first.

Any clues?

BroJack :F

Check the fan relays, I think you have one that has failed closed. If that does not fix it look at the temperature sender unit as it might be giving a reading telling the ECM that the car is still too hot to sit with the fan off.

Re

Thanks for the reply.

I know where the relay is but I don't know how to check it to see if its bad. I don't know where the temp sending unit is. Its a '93 Fleetwood Brougham. 5.7 Liter . . loaded.

Members online

Back