Racist Nazi runs as a Republican on hate filled platform

Nope. Instead of just picking at others maybe you could put a little initiative in understanding opposing points of view. It isn't like that information is at all hard to find. Heck, coverage of the vote and political fallout from it in California has been rather consistently in the news.

It is not my job to cure your ignorance. However, any claim you make to the intellectual high ground is invalid when you are utterly ignorant of the points of view you are attempting to rebut and are unwilling to put any effort into understanding them.
He's just trying to make busywork to annoy you. The guy doesn't have an honest, inquisitive bone in his body. He's only here to harass.

Watch - he'll find a way to dismiss my link, and that will prove my point. He won't bother to read the results.

Most of the country opposes gay marriage. That is like arguing that the Nazi are against monarchies and so are conservatives so they are similar.

Do you have an specific examples that rise beyond transparent attempts at cherry picking?

promotes "cultural conservative" ideals, which according to his website include hatred for feminism, homosexuality and the government

if you substitute dislike for hatred it becomes more benign.

He's just trying to make busywork to annoy you. The guy doesn't have an honest, inquisitive bone in his body. He's only here to harass.

Watch - he'll find a way to dismiss my link, and that will prove my point. He won't bother to read the results.

No, I know how it has gone in the few states that have voted on it. But how does that mean that the majority of people are against it? The reason I asked him about anything recent, is because this is not something that comes to a vote often, and it doesn't come to a vote in many places.

No, I know how it has gone in the few states that have voted on it. But how does that mean that the majority of people are against it? The reason I asked him about anything recent, is because this is not something that comes to a vote often, and it doesn't come to a vote in many places.
It's a hell of a lot more evidence than you've posted to the contrary, yet you continue to move the goalposts and demand more busywork. Tell me, do you ever look anything up on your own, or do you come here to be spoon fed just so you can spit out the spoon and scream and throw more tantrums?

Here, take a look at this poll. I'm sure you'll tell me that a poll taken last year is too old or something (move the goalposts). :rolleyes:

It's a hell of a lot more evidence than you've posted to the contrary, yet you continue to move the goalposts and demand more busywork. Tell me, do you ever look anything up on your own, or do you come here to be spoon fed just so you can spit out the spoon and scream and throw more tantrums?

Here, take a look at this poll. I'm sure you'll tell me that a poll taken last year is too old or something (move the goalposts). :rolleyes:

Wow, was that so hard to find a fact to back up a statement?

Honestly, I am surprised by that poll and will admit my error. Most things I have ever seen on the matter suggested otherwise, but guess I was wrong. Guess now we have to wait a couple years for some of the older bigots to die off so that there will be a majority of people who are for gay marriage.

Looks like that is one for your team. Congratulations. You have managed to be right about something one time. You deserve every bit of celebration.

Wow, was that so hard to find a fact to back up a statement?

Honestly, I am surprised by that poll and will admit my error. Most things I have ever seen on the matter suggested otherwise, but guess I was wrong. Guess now we have to wait a couple years for some of the older bigots to die off so that there will be a majority of people who are for gay marriage.

Looks like that is one for your team. Congratulations. You have managed to be right about something one time. You deserve every bit of celebration.
Your sarcasm undercuts your sincerity. Honestly, we've discussed gay marriage ad infinitum on this forum, a long time ago. It's tiresome to dredge up old stuff just to satisfy your demands. It would be just as easy for you to look it up rather than have to admit error.

Your sarcasm undercuts your sincerity. Honestly, we've discussed gay marriage ad infinitum on this forum, a long time ago. It's tiresome to dredge up old stuff just to satisfy your demands. It would be just as easy for you to look it up rather than have to admit error.

Your discussions are often clouded by your acceptance of inaccurate information and personal views, just as my earlier statement was. Just agreeing with you because you say it is so would be foolish.

So you are assuming conservatives dislike (or, in more extreme cases, hate) gays?

it says homosexuality which is a distinction from homosexual ie hate the sin love the sinner, but I don't think these guys are the love the sinner type.

So yes I would say that conservatives are likely to dislike homosexuality as a lifestyle but don't dislike or at least tolerate homosexuals personally.

So yes I would say that conservatives are likely to dislike homosexuality as a lifestyle but don't dislike or at least tolerate homosexuals personally.

That is a pretty big assumption that has very little to do with policy positions. A rather weak argument to base your conclusion of a similarity between Nazi and conservatives on.

You don't see it as even a possibility that conservatives are against gay marriage for reasons other then hate of gays? Especially after all the discussion on the topic in this forum?

You see opposition to gay marriage as synonymous with homophobia?

Do you think that Obama opposes gay marriage because he dislikes homosexuality?

That is a pretty big assumption that has very little to do with policy positions. A rather weak argument to base your conclusion of a similarity between Nazi and conservatives on.

You don't see it as even a possibility that conservatives are against gay marriage for reasons other then hate of gays? Especially after all the discussion on the topic in this forum?

You see opposition to gay marriage as synonymous with homophobia?

Even though homosexuality appears in nature and continues in humanity even without the capability to reproduce, conservatives consider it unnatural.

Natural selection has spared the homosexual from the usual rules.

We're not discussing the reasons for opposition only the similarity of views.

Myself personally I think being gay is probably hard enough in this culture and it is not a desire one chooses easily.

People don't want their children enticed into homosexuality even though it is something one is mostly born with.

Gay preachers become self loathing.

Better to not advertize to prevent the borderline young people from outing themselves.

It is much harder to succeed in life as a homosexual other than perhaps in the arts and hollywood.

This is all perfectly understandable for practical reasons.

My arguments may be weak in your eyes but not to the point where you can just dismiss them.

Even though homosexuality appears in nature and continues in humanity even without the capability to reproduce, conservatives consider it unnatural.

Do you really want to have an intelligent conversation about homosexuality and homosexual behavior?

Typical atheist behavior is to think that morality is universal or self-taught and that the lifestyles and culture we share would be possible without the judeo-christian belief system that it was founded on.

The reality is, that's simply not true.

When you go to other parts of the world, parts that don't embrace the same principles, Judeo-Christian values, the societies are vastly different. And that includes the issue of homosexuality.

If you go to the middle, or even ancient Greece, gay sex is rampant. Teachers screwing students. Masters screwing apprentices. Buttsecks has been a huge problem within the ranks of the Iraqi and Afghan security forces.

The same goes for ancient Greece. And the same goes for any society that puts physical gratification in place before any moral/social order as we understand it.

What does that mean?
Are all of those men with wives and families "born" gay, or do they just engage in behavior with other men for creepy pleasure?

Natural selection has spared the homosexual from the usual rules.

It is not as "cut and dry" as you make it out to be. But that is a whole other can of worms and if you are actually interested in opposing views on this, they have been stated often enough in earlier thread. Some of the longer threads on this forum, I might add.

My arguments may be weak in your eyes but not to the point where you can just dismiss them.

You argue that Nazi and conservatives are similar in there views on this yet ignore the rationale for the view on this; choosing to make gross generalizations instead.

There are plenty of reasons to oppose gay marriage that have nothing to do with homophobia and they have been stated numerous times on this forum.

The Nazi have a history of a ideological core of aggressive identity politics; racism. That is NOT true for conservatives, however that is a false narrative that has been drawn by liberal academics for longer then I have been alive. If you don't believe me, look up "Southern Strategy". This was also talked about in the opening article of this thread:
The third version of liberal condescension points to something more sinister. In his 2008 book, "Nixonland," progressive writer Rick Perlstein argued that Richard Nixon created an enduring Republican strategy of mobilizing the ethnic and other resentments of some Americans against others. Similarly, in their 1992 book, "Chain Reaction," Thomas Byrne Edsall and Mary D. Edsall argued that Nixon and Reagan talked up crime control, low taxes and welfare reform to cloak racial animus and help make it mainstream. It is now an article of faith among many liberals that Republicans win elections because they tap into white prejudice against blacks and immigrants [Southern Strategy].

Race doubtless played a significant role in the shift of Deep South whites to the Republican Party during and after the 1960s. But the liberal narrative has gone essentially unchanged since then -- recall former president Carter's recent assertion that opposition to Obama reflects racism -- even though survey research has shown a dramatic decline in prejudiced attitudes among white Americans in the intervening decades. Moreover, the candidates and agendas of both parties demonstrate an unfortunate willingness to play on prejudices, whether based on race, region, class, income, or other factors.​

In connecting Nazi with conservatism, what points do you raise that are not essentially rooted in ignorant stereotypes of conservatives and an ignorance of the rationale for opposition to Gay marriage of the Nazi and conservatives respectively?

Do you really want to have an intelligent conversation about homosexuality and homosexual behavior?

Typical atheist behavior is to think that morality is universal or self-taught and that the lifestyles and culture we share would be possible without the judeo-christian belief system that it was founded on.

The reality is, that's simply not true.

When you go to other parts of the world, parts that don't embrace the same principles, Judeo-Christian values, the societies are vastly different. And that includes the issue of homosexuality.

If you go to the middle, or even ancient Greece, gay sex is rampant. Teachers screwing students. Masters screwing apprentices. Buttsecks has been a huge problem within the ranks of the Iraqi and Afghan security forces.

The same goes for ancient Greece. And the same goes for any society that puts physical gratification in place before any moral/social order as we understand it.

What does that mean?
Are all of those men with wives and families "born" gay, or do they just engage in behavior with other men for creepy pleasure?

Thanks for your rambling non sequeters.

Who said homosexuals were athiests?

We're not in the 15th century or Greek times.

How are societies without Judeo Christian values vastly different?

Homosexuality is a born with physical disposition that transcends any moralizing or philosophy.

You seem to infer that homosexuality causes the breakup of society
even though it has been around forever.

Islam is not fond of homosexuality but it seems that straight men will engage in sex with other men IMO due to the unnatural religious restrictions placed on fraternizing with the opposite sex and the need for some release in battle.

It is just so much easier to get some quick relief from other like sex starved men.

People don't want their children enticed into homosexuality even though it is something one is mostly born with.

Have you even looked at the research and evidence surrounding the whole "gay gene" argument? Or are you simply accepting it on faith?

If you actually look at the evidence, it is not as clear as you make it out to be. A lot of the "evidence" is interpreted through extremely loosely defined definitions of "Gay" and/or makes huge logical leaps in it's interpretation.

that argument may fit in with your worldview and understanding of social causation, but that doesn't make it right.

The fact is that there is very little evidence that logically supports the idea being gay is "natural". If you want to know more about that, do some research on this forum.

In connecting Nazi with conservatism, what points do you raise that are not essentially rooted in ignorant stereotypes of conservatives and an ignorance of the rationale for opposition to Gay marriage of the Nazi and conservatives respectively?

I don't raise any points other than the ones so far.
I'm not writing a paper or thesis here and these are your opinions that my examples are ignorant stereotypes.

The difference in rationale for opposition to gay marraige by nazis and conservatives is irellevant to the conclusion that both are opposed to it,
however it is something that could be discussed in another thread.
I don't want to get bogged down with that here.

Homosexuality is a born with physical disposition that transcends any moralizing or philosophy.

Again, there is little evidence to logically back that claim up. You are accepting it on faith.

Go read through this thread. There is a lot of information and a lot of argument that you are clearly unaware of. Start around post #27.

Have you even looked at the research and evidence surrounding the whole "gay gene" argument? Or are you simply accepting it on faith?

If you actually look at the evidence, it is not as clear as you make it out to be. A lot of the "evidence" is interpreted through extremely loosely defined definitions of "Gay" and/or makes huge logical leaps in it's interpretation.

that argument may fit in with your worldview and understanding of social causation, but that doesn't make it right.

The fact is that there is very little evidence that logically supports the idea being gay is "natural". If you want to know more about that, do some research on this forum.

So explain gay animals to me with something more than the lower creatures we're not animals argument.

Again, there is little evidence to logically back that claim up. You are accepting it on faith.

Go read through this thread. There is a lot of information and a lot of argument that you are clearly unaware of. Start around post #27.

Even if homosexuality is incidental in the animal kindom it is still of nature and therefore "natural"

I stick by my argument that being a homosexual is a hard life and no one having the choice would make it beyond a drunken experiment in college or something.

Your arguments in that thread are still based on opinion and dismissal.

Members online

No members online now.
Back