Quick Rim ?

Flawsey

LVC Member
Reaction score
DC Area "Home of The Washington Redskins"
I read somewhere that all factory rims are interchangeable is this true ?
There are alot of different Lincoln rims from other vehicles on Ebay and some are sweet like the ones on the MKX.
When I read the descriptions for some of them they have the same dimensions of my factory rims .I want to change mine , I have 17 factory rims on my '03 Aviator .

All factory rims are interchangeable on the same vehicle, that's for sure. But across vehicle platforms that is definetly not true. Take the Mark LT for example, it has a completely different bold pattern then Aviator. I'm almost 100% sure that MKX rims will are NOT compatible with the Ave. Different bolt pattern, and probably an incompatible offset. The MKX is on a very different platform. Your best bet is to keep an eye out for Explorer rims since that's the same platform as the Ave, those will alsways fit guaranteed. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to bolt pattern and offset. The offset can vary sligtly but the bolt pattern must be idetical.

17X7.5, 5 LUG, 4 1/2" OR 114.3MM BOLT PATTERN, 44MM OFFSET

Last edited:
Sample

Trying to switch to like these !!!

d085_1.jpg

The Inside :
d10f_1.jpg

See the inside of these MKZ rims say 17X7.5J+44MM
I thought that is the same size of my Aviator rims.

Trying to switch to like these !!!

d085_1.jpg

The Inside :
d10f_1.jpg

See the inside of these MKZ rims say 17X7.5J+44MM
I thought that is the same size of my Aviator rims.

the size and width might be the same, but you need to know your offset, thats the 44mm in the pic, and it doesn't say anything about bolt pattern, i agree with freedom9ner explorer rims would fit (wouldn't be Lincoln rims but huge aftermarket)

Thanks For these Rim Answers

the size and width might be the same, but you need to know your offset, thats the 44mm in the pic, and it doesn't say anything about bolt pattern, i agree with freedom9ner explorer rims would fit (wouldn't be Lincoln rims but huge aftermarket)

My Aviator factory rims do have a 44MM offset and the same bolt pattern ,also are 17 X 7.5 . So I think these MKZ rims should fit :cool: .

Well, it does say offset of 44 (which is what you want). And if the bolt pattern is the same then you will be alright. It doesn't say the bolt pattern but If you figured it out then it should fit.

The size of the rim is 17x7.5 which is good.

The last variable which I don't believe you should be worried about is:

Hubcentric vs Lugcentric

Members online

No members online now.
Back