quick error flash in message center

dNyce LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was drivin on the highway using cruise control at 73-74mph and some error type of message quickly flashed and went away. I didn't get to read it exactly but I think it said 'data error something', but I'm not sure cuz I was tryna calm my son down at the same time it came up. Has anyone had something like that happen w/ their car or have any idea what it could be?

I was drivin on the highway using cruise control at 73-74mph and some error type of message quickly flashed and went away. I didn't get to read it exactly but I think it said 'data error something', but I'm not sure cuz I was tryna calm my son down at the same time it came up. Has anyone had something like that happen w/ their car or have any idea what it could be?

I doubt that there is anyone with the message center that hasn't had that happen a few times. Both of mine have done it. It's known as the "LS mystery beep" because usually you don't have time to see any message at all.

The mystery ding...a brief disconnect with the computer, don't worry about it.

Yeah mine flashes once in awhile also, I think it says Gear Select something.

We're ALL ANGRY about something,,we just try to hide it. Everyone is fghting some kinda battle. You're BORN you CRY and then you start to DIE. OOH HELL how did I get on this WARMED OVER TAURUS SITE. See ya later Crocodile.

i died a long time ago...

My car did this the night i got it out of storage (from 2006 till 2009). It then proceeded to lose all input to the dash i.e. all speed, rpm and gas needles went to zero all while i was driving. i freaked out but it went back to normal a few minutes later. Go LS!

My car did this the night i got it out of storage (from 2006 till 2009). It then proceeded to lose all input to the dash i.e. all speed, rpm and gas needles went to zero all while i was driving. i freaked out but it went back to normal a few minutes later. Go LS!

Now, this is scary. :eek:

i have been trying to see it too,flashes fast,and the mysterious ding,and the advancetrack thingy too,been there done that

IIRC, it says "gear select data error." I've caught it once.

I've never seen a message appear, but this happens in my 04 about 2-3 times a year. I read old posts about this that it is a temporary (brief) disconnect between the main computer and transmission. The computer beeps (similar to the one you hear when you're low on fuel).

Nothing to worry about.

IIRC, it says "gear select data error." I've caught it once.

That's what yours says. That's not the only error that pops up and goes away before you can read it. Most/all of mine are some sort of communications error. Only once in a while can I see it on the display, but when I check later with the scan tool, that's what it says it was.

Members online

No members online now.
Back