questions about toe links from over seas

ebusseyrchmi

LVC Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-02-13-15-50-51-1.jpg

Saw this pic on another thread for rear stabilizing bar and could not quite figure out if the person who posted was positive that they would fit.. I emailed the site rimmerbros.co.uk that has them and waiting for a response.. Just wanted to know if anyone else has used them with success

Screenshot_2016-02-13-15-50-51-1.jpg

they at least look correct (minus the passive steering section that the OEMs have...)

Screenshot_2016-02-14-10-56-10.jpgScreenshot_2016-02-14-10-56-57.jpgScreenshot_2016-02-14-10-56-57.jpgAnybody looking for rear toe link for your LS, I just found these on eBay for $88 for the set

Screenshot_2016-02-14-10-56-10.jpg

Screenshot_2016-02-14-10-56-57.jpg

For what it's worth, I dug in some circle-track catalogs and bought a selection of heim joints, threaded right-and-left strut tubes and threaded rod and jam nuts. I, therefore, have the stuff to make a pair of rods for the back of my '02 LS Sport. But right now it's about 18 degrees outside and I only drive the car about once a week so the stuff will remain in the trunk until Spring. I have about $35 in the parts and the results'll be much more robust than the originals.

KS

Wow that's sweet, I'm in the same boat warren, Mi,
Do you have pics of what your working with so I can possibly go that route the next time or maybe this time depending on how you tell me it handles after you install

Wow that's sweet, I'm in the same boat warren, Mi,
Do you have pics of what your working with so I can possibly go that route the next time or maybe this time depending on how you tell me it handles after you install

Yes, those JAG rear Toe adjust linkages from RimmerBros UK fit just fine.

I did however have to round file the inside of the pivots to remove some sort of ribs that prevented the large spindle bolt from passing through freely.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

UPDATE:

I just finished installing these formentioned JAG aftermarket rear toe adjust links from RimmerBros UK late last night, along with OEM Upper Control Arms and MOOG Sway bar end links. The JAG aftermarket XR825750 links are not clearly branded but they appear to me as DEEZA's. Structure and welding is identical.

The only snag we ran into was at the wheel side end, the long bold which fastens to the knuckle at the spindle, the hole on the linkage, needed to be filed out with a round file so the long bold would pass through without having to beat it in with a hammer. Seems the inside of that pivot has some build up ribs. Each link just needed a few minutes of filing to make the long bolt pass through freely.

4 wheel alignment pending. We red-necked the rear wheels with the ol' tape measure trick.

I used the Deeza part J607 and they have been just fine for several thousand miles so far. don-ohio :)^)

No.............the only wandering the car has ever done is when I didn't get the new rack and pinion steering assembly washers in the correct place. THAT let the assembly move slightly and caused wandering. don-ohio :)^)

Did you experience any rear end wondering

I wonder about rear ends all the time...

f5597fbc893630eb46609ff43d85abb5.jpg

before I replaced mine, my rear end would wander around quite a bit... when you would accelerate the car would jerk left, when you let off the accelerator the car would snap back to the right. quite unsettling.

f5597fbc893630eb46609ff43d85abb5.jpg

bigrig - didn't you have a line of sight to a set that did away with the passive rear steer portion of these
rear stabilizer ends ? thought you posted info up somewhere, but i can't find it...

Yes, those JAG rear Toe adjust linkages from RimmerBros UK fit just fine.

I did however have to round file the inside of the pivots to remove some sort of ribs that prevented the large spindle bolt from passing through freely.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Bigrigls did you have rear end wondering before you replaced them?

No not really it was just preventative, they were broken open at the seals and was part of a refresh I did. No "wondering" noticed!

bigrig - didn't you have a line of sight to a set that did away with the passive rear steer portion of these
rear stabilizer ends ? thought you posted info up somewhere, but i can't find it...

I don't understand, I made the match and found these JAG aftermarket from the UK ; http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-XR825750P
fitted them to the 04 LSE instead of the DEEZA links which have runs scarce.

Cheaper, I get my non-passive rear steering, arrived quickly. They got aligned and run fine.

I fitted them to the 04 LSE instead of the DEEZA links which have runs scarce.

I just ordered some OEM Jag S-Type since I couldn't find any Deeza's anymore. I wrote to Deeza about a month ago to have them tell me they no longer make the JA-L607 part.

Recently replaced mine.. It made a world of difference. It seemed like my car had a different steering wheel in the back that I could not control.. The old ones were pretty jacked and this was the first car that I owned that has rear toe links

20160307_204148.jpg

20160307_204148.jpg

Recently replaced mine.. It made a world of difference. It seemed like my car had a different steering wheel in the back that I could not control.. The old ones were pretty jacked and this was the first car that I owned that has rear toe links

View attachment 828475454

DAMN SON, hahah i live out here in northwest indiana im about to have mine done soon as well,

Members online

No members online now.
Back