Question?

00greenls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all!! I've been thinking of doing this for long time as stated.....gutting the cats and leaving them on the car. After being told by others on here that it would set off a check engine light would it be possible to buy aftermarket mils made for mustangs to solve this problem? The mils for mustangs solve the problem for them doing same thing was wondering if it would be inter changeable and work on our cars? Thanks!! BTW-have not done anything to car yet but i want to real bad but need to know how to get rid of light if it sets off besides buying an expensive tuner. I have a year till next inspection but don't want a check engine light i can't get rid of.

Hello all!! I've been thinking of doing this for long time as stated.....gutting the cats and leaving them on the car. After being told by others on here that it would set off a check engine light would it be possible to buy aftermarket mils made for mustangs to solve this problem? The mils for mustangs solve the problem for them doing same thing was wondering if it would be inter changeable and work on our cars? Thanks!! BTW-have not done anything to car yet but i want to real bad but need to know how to get rid of light if it sets off besides buying an expensive tuner. I have a year till next inspection but don't want a check engine light i can't get rid of.

when triggers the CEL is the post cat 02 sensor

I think that it would show the sensor as in a not ready status.. Quik has explained it many times that Texas allows 2.. you would have to check with your state to see how many they allow.

I don't know about the interchanging though..

I love that there are no inspections in MN. :D

My plan is to remove the cats completely and replace with straight pipe.

Hell, maybe I could even sell the cats when I'm finished. 400 each instead of the 1000 each that the dealer wants :shifty:

Yeah thats price is insane

Especially for you cali guys who can't buy any universal ones.

COngrats on 3000 posts, btw. :Beer

Sweet. I didn't even know what number I was at.

We can get universal ones installed, we just can't order any online and have them shipped.

No inspections here in Indiana either. I can't move out of state; the increase in cost of living plus having to deal with inspections are deal breakers.

Of course it is balanced out by the pathetic job situation.

Anyway, back on track to the OP you are going to need an Xcal to get rid of the error on the O2 sensors or have some kind of working CATs. Buy Pektel's and be done with it. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back