Question

89_caddi_sts

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering how do i reset my computer ? reason i ask cause it keeps tellin me 2 change my oil regardless if i have or not how do i fix this ? the reset button on the bottom of the control center thing didnt work :S

89_caddi_sts said:
hey guys i was wondering how do i reset my computer ? reason i ask cause it keeps tellin me 2 change my oil regardless if i have or not how do i fix this ? the reset button on the bottom of the control center thing didnt work :S

Sorry for the delayed response. Just In case you have not figured it out yet:
If your information system is the same as my 91 Seville the owners manual says to do the following:

Display the "Oil Life index" by pressing the "Eng Data" button. Then hold in the "Eng Data" and "Range" buttons together until the diplay show "100".

If I remember correctly the Oil Life Index will be displayed after pushing the Eng Data button the forth time, it may be the fifth.

Not sure this applies to your Caddy, but on my 99 Park Avenue the reset button does the job, but must be kept depressed for something like five seconds to reset the oil liife percentage.

Warren

This is the correct answer. The reset button zero's counters like, fuel used, aver econ, and that stuff.

genechaz said:
Hold in the "Eng Data" and "Range" buttons together until the diplay show "100".

Members online

No members online now.
Back