Question

LSCGODDESS98

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guuys N Girls..long Time No See And Write To Ya..maybe It's A Good Sign Cause I Havent Had Major Issues For Sometime...(well Excpt For My Lil Tranny Leak Again From The Front/rear Main Seal)

Anyhow,hey I Have A Question..just 2 Days Ago..i Have Been Noticing A Squishy Sqashy Noise In My Front End Or Rear,it Not That Loud But It Is Notcable,never Heard It Before Ever..i Know My Front End Is Tight As A Button.. But The Thing Is What And Where Could The Noise Be Coming From..i Hear It When I Go Over A Small Bump,or Turn...

Could This Be My Struts,airbags,or Something In That Area.no Suspention Light Yet,crossin Fingers...but I Find It To Be Alil Disturbing Since She's Been Quiet Like A Mouse. Anyone Have Any Sqishy Squashy Sounds

i would have the front ball joints checked out. just to make sure that they have not worn out.

i would have the front ball joints checked out. just to make sure that they have not worn out.

WOW SO SOON, AFTER I HAD THE WHOLE THING DONE(MEANING ARMS BALLJOINTS,BUSHINGS WELL FRONT END) NOT TO LONG AGO END OF 05 INTO IN O6..WELL I ASUME THINGS WEAR OUT SOONER THEN OTHER PARTS.
I WAS BUGGIN IN MY HEAD ABOUT SOME OTHER PARTS REALaTNG TO AIRBAGS SINCE I HAVENT TOUCHED IT... I HAD THE CAR SINCE 2004(MY BIRTHDAY)...DONT KNOW WHAT THE STEALERSHIP DONE TO IT BEFORE SELLING IT TO ME.PRIOR ME DOING THE FRONT END I DIDNT HEAR THIS NOISE B4(SQUISHYSQUASHY),I JUST FELT ALIL SLOPPYNESS B4 THAT'S WHAT LEAD ME TO DO THE WHOLE THING B4....
BUT YEAH I WILL CHECK INTO THEBALLJOINTS AGAIN. I HOPE THATS ALL WHAT IT IS,AND NOTHNG MAJOR

Sounds like ball joint to me. Seeing that I've had this happen recently on my 95 and 94.

The stealer ship may have only replace upser or lowere, or maybe only one side.

Check the strut rod bushing too if they were skipped. Weather change brings out the squeeks. My wifes truck was making all kinds of noises the other day...went away on its own. Shook it down, seemed fine.

OK WELL,i went to the stealership, the guy said he had to tighten the strut bolt,they banged me for $114..so i said huh just to tighten a stupid bolt,and 25 min waiting...so she said ok i'll charge you only 52 with tax..lol oh crap now tax too,i said i hope i dont have to come back now..she said if you hear it again..just come in..im like im not payin anymore..so now i look at the comments the mechanic left on the work order..he said he tighten the strut,and everything frontendwise looks ok...ok so i leave things seem quiet while drivin thru out the day..the next day,im drivin to hubby shop at the marina and the grounds there isnt flat it's not concret or anything,the ground there is dirt n gravel with lil dips and shallow holes,like most marinas...so no ok im drivin to avoid most of the spots and guess what..im hearing it again..im like wtf..the stealership didnt do anything.

noise

Hi Goddess

Just a thought....I wonder if the strut rod bushings were done at the time the joints were. They always seem to be overlooked when the lower arms/joints are done and seem to cause a lot of the noise. You can try a silicone spray on them and if the noise is gone then there is the concern.
Max

Last edited:
mine has been doing the same thing. I thougt it was a squeek at first, but it is really the airbag venting. Still have not figured why it is venting.

Start the car, open the hood and push down AND lift up on the fender. See if you can hear it

Tim

OK WELL,i went to the stealership, the guy said he had to tighten the strut bolt,they banged me for $114..so i said huh just to tighten a stupid bolt,and 25 min waiting...so she said ok i'll charge you only 52 with tax..lol oh crap now tax too,i said i hope i dont have to come back now..she said if you hear it again..just come in..im like im not payin anymore..so now i look at the comments the mechanic left on the work order..he said he tighten the strut,and everything frontendwise looks ok...ok so i leave things seem quiet while drivin thru out the day..the next day,im drivin to hubby shop at the marina and the grounds there isnt flat it's not concret or anything,the ground there is dirt n gravel with lil dips and shallow holes,like most marinas...so no ok im drivin to avoid most of the spots and guess what..im hearing it again..im like wtf..the stealership didnt do anything.

That's sucks.. Well there are better and more fun ways to getting screwed..:shifty: Stay away from your stealership... Could also cost less LOL:p

A few drinks dinner oh well.. I guess it would cost about the same LOL...

All they did was tighten and I bet spray with some silicone the bushing. I did that for a few weeks when I knew I was going to be changing my lower control arms, just to get rid of the squeek..

We have to teach you to do these job yourself. Time to get the hands dirty..:) I"m sure you'd find most members would be there in a second if you said you needed help. Well at least Pepperman would be on the next flight. LOL

Good Luck...

Hmm... in some of my collision classes we learned when doing estimates not to charge tax on labor, only on parts, because you weren't supposed to tax on labor rates.

I think the Tax thing varies from state to state. I know in IL you cant tax labor, but I have been taxed on labor in Mo.

That's sucks.. Well there are better and more fun ways to getting screwed..:shifty: Stay away from your stealership... Could also cost less LOL:p

A few drinks dinner oh well.. I guess it would cost about the same LOL...

All they did was tighten and I bet spray with some silicone the bushing. I did that for a few weeks when I knew I was going to be changing my lower control arms, just to get rid of the squeek..

We have to teach you to do these job yourself. Time to get the hands dirty..:) I"m sure you'd find most members would be there in a second if you said you needed help. Well at least Pepperman would be on the next flight. LOL

Good Luck...

YEAH,I THINK THEY DID THAT TOO.I HAD A FUNNI FEELIN ABOUT HOW HE JUST LOOKED WHILE TELLIN ME THAT.IF I HAD ENOUGH BALLS I WOULD HAVE TAKEN MY KEY OFF THE COUNTER JUST AS IT WAS DROPED BY THE MECHANIC AS THE SERVICE PEOPLE AT THE "DROP OFF N PAY UP COUNTER" WHERE BUSY B.S'IN AS MY CAR WAS RIGHT OUTSIDE IN THE PICK UP AREA.I WOULD HAVE SAID FU IM OUTTA HERE,STICK UM LIKE THEY STUCK ME FOR SERVICE LIKE THAT YA KNOW..BUT I GUESS I DIDNT HAVE IT IN ME THAT DAY...LET ME SAY IT WAS AN EASY GETAWAY! LOL

ANYHOW I LIKE TO LEARN ONE ON ONE-HANDS ON SO TO SPEAK,THATS WHY IM LIKE RIGHT UP THE MECHANICS ASS EVERYTIME TO SEE WHERE AND WHATS WHAT...ME I LIKE TO GET UNDERTHE CAR HOOD AND POKE AROUND AND KNOW WHATS WHAT ,BEING TOLD AND READING OUTTA BOOK I KINDA GET LOST AND GET FUSTRATED- I AM A NEED TO SEE TYPE..LIKE MOST I GUESS,I HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING ALIL DIRTY TO GET THE JOB DONE AS LONG AS I HAVE A KNOWLAGABLE HAND AND MIND WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOIN AND THE TOOLS AND A LIFT (WHICH I DONT HAVE MEANING A LIFT)WHICH I KNOW IT WILL BE EASIER AND COMFORTABLE TO GET UNDER.TOOLS I HAVE SOME.

I LIKE TO LEARN!

I'm having the same noisy problems. I found out that its the lower and upper ball joint. Does anyone know wheres the best place to buy ?

Members online

Back