Question, what the hell are these circles for? Found on Google Earth.

Lincolnls02black

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I try asking people on myspace but no one knows what the hell these are, perhaps someone here might know, im guessing Military use?

Saudia Area
saudiarabiahiddenplaces.jpg

Nevada Area 51
NevadaLanderhiddenareas.jpg

I agree ^^^^^

by the way though those are the irrigation systems not a harvesting machine

Ya, they're sprinklers.

............. or are they? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

I saw those all over the desert as I flew from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles. They are more than just in Saudi Arabia or Area 51. Not sure what they are, but probably not as exciting as they appear!

a lot of good educated guesses here, but i'm gonna have to go wtih the place where all the bad coils go.

I try asking people on myspace but no one knows what the hell these are, perhaps someone here might know, im guessing Military use?

Isn't MySpace for kids? Jeez, they think milk and hamburger come from the market!

Military use? Its likely a center pivot irrigation system.

Center-Pivot: Automated sprinkler irrigation achieved by automatically rotating the sprinkler pipe or boom, supplying water to the sprinkler heads or nozzles, as a radius from the center of the field to be irrigated. Water is delivered to the center or pivot point of the system. The pipe is supported above the crop by towers at fixed spacings and propelled by pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic, or electric power on wheels or skids in fixed circular paths at uniform angular speeds. Water is applied at a uniform rate by progressive increase of nozzle size from the pivot to the end of the line. The depth of water applied is determined by the rate of travel of the system. Single units are ordinarily about 1,250 to 1,300 feet long and irrigate about a 130-acre circular area.

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/irquicklook.html

Yeah, looks like irrigation to me too. BTW, you have a very old version of Google Earth. Upgrade!

your thinking of
trix.jpg
ARE FOR KIDZ ;)

Isn't MySpace for kids? Jeez, they think milk and hamburger come from the market!

Military use? Its likely a center pivot irrigation system.

Center-Pivot: Automated sprinkler irrigation achieved by automatically rotating the sprinkler pipe or boom, supplying water to the sprinkler heads or nozzles, as a radius from the center of the field to be irrigated. Water is delivered to the center or pivot point of the system. The pipe is supported above the crop by towers at fixed spacings and propelled by pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic, or electric power on wheels or skids in fixed circular paths at uniform angular speeds. Water is applied at a uniform rate by progressive increase of nozzle size from the pivot to the end of the line. The depth of water applied is determined by the rate of travel of the system. Single units are ordinarily about 1,250 to 1,300 feet long and irrigate about a 130-acre circular area.

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/irquicklook.html

I thought they were some sort of navigation for the military or a form of communications between each other. To much X-files for me I guess lol
The_X_Files_thumbnail.jpg

I saw those all over the desert as I flew from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles. They are more than just in Saudi Arabia or Area 51. Not sure what they are, but probably not as exciting as they appear!

Yeah, it's irrigation...
Tons of those here in Kansas

Members online

No members online now.
Back