Question - TX7

Jafeb

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was watching Stacy David on Gearz and he was endorsing this product called TX7 from PolyDyn.. I personally have never heard on this product... Apparently it's really great to increase performance and gas mileage. Has anyone use this additive?

http://www.polydyn.com/tx7.htm

Funyy you should say that, he actually stated "Now I know what your thinking, but this isnt snake oil."

Polydyn is a great company
I used all their coatings on my SVO mustang
I used the "oil shed" on the inside of the block and in between the cam lobs and all the non bearing surfaces of the crank were also done in oil shed.

they DFL bearing coatings are baddass as well.

Only issue with PTFE type oil additives is..99.9% of them never reach the upper engine. they all get stopped by the oil filter.

You'd need to guy and reweld a filter together to get any benifit from PTFE treatment.. unless you use a "dummy filter" the only thing your treating IS the OIL PUMP.. which might not be a bad thing.

I got over 275,000 miles out of my SVO engine running it at 27 lbs of boost.

A lot of those type of shows have evolved into big commercials with a few cool cars and "tech" thrown in.

They still make that stuff...I haven't seen it in 10 years...maybe because I wasn't looking for it I guess.

Members online

Back