Question t-bird to mark8??

mhtease

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just want to make sure before I buy my suspension for the lincoln mark8. Does the 97 t-bird suspension compatible with 95 lincoln mark8? I mean the front end . Could someone let me know before ordering . Thanks.

Yes, the 97 or 96 Tbird parts will work. I suggest you get all of your parts from O'Reilly. That is where I've bought all of my parts. Have you done the job before. It can be a royal PITA especially the bolts for the upper control arms.

The upper control are bolts can be solved easy by knocking the bracket off the bolt head. I did this the last time I did my upper control arms. Once the bracket it knocked off you can put a socket on it and take it off.

The bracket comes off easy, just need a big flat head screwdriver.

Note: The Upper Control Arm is different than the T-bird. The T-bird one doesn't have the air ride height sensor mount. Other than that, everything other than the struts/springs appear to be the same.

I have already done the lower but no the upper control arms. I'll have to wait on those. I did move the sensor to drop the front end about 1 1/2 inches.It looks alot better . I also replaced the rear shocks with tbirds shocks. Next I U have to order a cap to the coolant . It is stripped . Does anyone know how or what to use to take it off?

Members online

Back