Question Regarding Manual Swap Into an OBD-II Mark VIII

Puchrider

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about this, but cannot find the thread...

I know that when a manual is swapped into a car that was originally auto, the CEL will illuminate and there will be faults regarding the lack of the auto transmission.

Is there a definite way to remove these/bypass the codes so that when the car is scanned for its emissions, it won't fail?

I was looking for a list that explains how each individual fault can be avoided.

Help from anyone who has done the swap is much appreciated, thanks!

By the way, we haven't gotten to this point yet to worry about the electrical aspect, just curious what to expect

I have a post( 6060 install) That I think covers this. You will need a tune. Also you will need a speed cal to enable the cruise control. I'm in Tyrone so not far from you.

I have a post( 6060 install) That I think covers this. You will need a tune. Also you will need a speed cal to enable the cruise control. I'm in Tyrone so not far from you.

Much appreciated! So you were able to register it in Fayette county and get emissions done? Was there any point you had to notify the tester that the car was swapped (I'm sure they noticed, but unlike OBD-I it wasn't put on the dyno)? Or did it just go down as auto as on the VIN? Thanks!

Had no problems with the emissions. the test only list a auto as the only trans I just said they were very few of the manual trans. You might want to talk to John Temple on the forum.

Members online

No members online now.
Back