Question on hoses below the auxiliary coolant pump?

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
126DA8C4-3FB1-4F42-A26F-013F886BC23A.jpeg
6CA592D5-09C2-4DB8-AEB8-062A1E664D7F.jpeg
Hey Guy’s as always I hope this post finds you feeling well ...Anyway on my one day off during the week I decided to have a go at replacing the plastic coolant parts on my Gen 1 V8 one thing on my long list to do with this new project car ....I was going through the process disconnecting the tensioning rings on coolant hoses when I looked down under the auxiliary coolant pump and saw two hoses coming off some other part I’m not all that familiar with and low and behold they are kinked or bent in a manner that doesn’t look good....I tried taking a pic of the hoses but the picture is less than average ...apologies for such a lousy pictur but it’s not easy with such a small space not to mention the auxiliary coolant pump is hanging in the way so someone must have replaced something at one time or another but put the hoses on all $*#&# up if you know what I mean...a little more info is the two hoes do turn into metal piping towards the back of the fire wall location
Any help in identifying these two hoses would be much appreciated

1st GEN's have the Auxiliary flow pump on the top side with the DCCV at the bottom.
2nd GEN's have it reversed.

IIRC

... the two hoes do turn into metal piping towards the back of the fire wall location ...

that would be the pluming leading into the insides of the car, behind the dash, where we keep the 'heater core'
DCCV, regulates by means of the DATC the desired inside cabin temperature. Supplies hot coolant flow. Dual meaning, Passenger or Drivers side independently temp control.

Make a note that your 1st GEN DCCV has 5 connection in/outlet tubes.
where as the 2nd only has 3

XW4Z-18495-AA // Gen 1 only // has 5 connections
MOTORCRAFT Part # YG355

Do not order the 'YG378' ... it's the same base P/N but the prefix differs between the two GEN's

Last edited:
Dutch,
follow the links in my Tech article, it will break off into individual components with respect to the cooling system.

Cooling System 3.9L - 1st GEN Lincoln LS w/ PN's

IMPORTANT --> Dccv?

Also, think I still have these somewhere around here is you need anything.

clipboard01-gif.gif

See what you are making me do here now again?

Helping others on this forum!
~ good luck with repairs.

Last edited:
that would be the pluming leading into the insides of the car, behind the dash, where we keep the 'heater core'
DCCV, regulates by means of the DATC the desired inside cabin temperature. Supplies hot coolant flow. Dual meaning, Passenger or Drivers side independently temp control.

Make a note that your 1st GEN DCCV has 5 connection in/outlet tubes.
where as the 2nd only has 3

XW4Z-18495-AA // Gen 1 only // has 5 connections
MOTORCRAFT Part # YG355

Do not order the 'YG378' ... it's the same base P/N but the prefix differs between the two GEN's
Okay thanks for steering me in the proper direction with those part #’s
Well this would explain why the car doesn’t have any heat blowing in the cabin damn hoses are kinked ....whoever was playing with them didn’t have a clue

Dutch,
follow the links in my Tech article, it will break off into individual components with respect to the cooling system.

IMPORTANT --> Dccv?

View attachment 828570914

Thanks for the help Rigs ...I really appreciated the time you took to help me out...I was fortunate enough with my last 1st Gen to have decent coolant parts the car for some reason held up better than most for some reason the only parts I had to replace was the T-stat housing upgraded to aluminum and the inlet leading to it...I was always scratching my head when ppl’s LS’s would be over heating...never once did the old girl over heat on me ...but she kicked me in the balls when her over drive went out....seems like it’s either or with the LS ...GOOD ENGINE = Bad Transmission BAD TRANSMISSION = Good Engine

Dutch,

IMPORTANT --> Dccv?

View attachment 828570914

After taking the DCCV out tonight I see the whole top connection is missing ...that would explain the random connector hanging off the auxiliary pump wire harness...so I purchased a new one off Amazon which willhopefully solve my no heat problem...anywho I have a question about the auxiliary pump....If I put the key to the on position but DON'T start the car ...with the key in the on position would I be able to hear the pump turn on?

...If I put the key to the on position but DON'T start the car ...with the key in the on position would I be able to hear the pump turn on?

It's more complicated than that. It depends on engine temperature and a few other things.

Members online

No members online now.
Back