Question for those with JMod & Tune...

austin26372

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So, got to thinking whilst driving around today... I've been wanting to get a tune and have also been pondering the jmod.

Question: if I do end up tuning, will a JMod be worth my time?

So, got to thinking whilst driving around today... I've been wanting to get a tune and have also been pondering the jmod.

Question: if I do end up tuning, will a JMod be worth my time?

Yes, some benefits of JMod cannot be cloned exclusively with a tune.

A JMODDED separator plate will flow more. You can't jack up line pressure in a tune alone especially outflowing the stock separator plate or you will have problems. I highly recommend the JMOD. I have very minimal line pressure added in my tune. The JMOD does the rest.

A JMODDED separator plate will flow more. You can't jack up line pressure in a tune alone especially outflowing the stock separator plate or you will have problems. I highly recommend the JMOD. I have very minimal line pressure added in my tune. The JMOD does the rest.

I actually have reduced line pressure and a jmod. Shifts like a beast.

I was kind of thinking springs, accumulators, EPC, Overdrive Sol., etc. not pressure-related, but yes, increased flow without over-pressured foaming is definitely true!

I actually have reduced line pressure and a jmod. Shifts like a beast.

Haha nice! :D I opted to have a touch added just because I can. The holes are bigger in the separator plate, so why not. :p I wouldn't go any higher than where I'm at now though. The tuner was very cautious about that part. Probably the only part of my chip tune that I am happy with at this point LOL.

And NetkeyM, it's all personal preference really. Chris isn't wrong in his methods and neither am I. But like you said, if the separator plate is JMODDED, you have increased flow capacity at which point some pressure can be added to a point. My car shifts very very stock under light throttle. No chirping tires and no drama. The thing you notice under light throttle is quick engagement of the next gear. No more sliding into gears even under light throttle. The sliding into gears is eliminated with the JMOD no matter what line pressures you run which is what I like about it. :)

Totally true, Kirk. It does always boil down to personal preference. My JMod is more aggressive then the one in the gf's 'Bird. She told me flat out when I did her's, "We are NOT teenagers! No chirping, squawking, barking, or whatever else you call that obnoxious noise you make with your car!"

So I did the 300hp level and put the bottom spring back in the 1-2 accumulator. :D

J Mod and tranny cooler go hand in hand, also get a gear change and then have the car tuned. That would make best use of the tune cost. Drive ability is just as any line pressure.

There are different "levels" of JMod. All JMods are not the same - they're the same holes, but not the same drill bit.

Staff online

Members online

Back