Question bout my caddy

iman_n_caddy

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got my cadillac a week ago, its a 1990 Cadillac Deville. I have a question but i feel dumb asking it. I was wondering if its possible to use unleaded or unleaded plus instead of premium without messing up my car. Premium gas prices are outrageous....

Well sir... This is how I've always figured it:

If the car requires it, use it. In the long run, it's a lot cheaper to use the required octane fuel.

It costs me an extra $2-$3 a tankful. For argument's sake, let's say $4.

At an average of 400miles per tank, 100K miles comes at roughly 250 fill-ups. 250 fill-ups at say $4 dollars extra per tank, is $1000 dollars over the course of 100000 Miles. That is still cheaper than having to rebuild the engine because of a bent connecting rod that gave out because of detonation from using an inferior grade of fuel. And that's at 4 dollars difference. What if it's only 2? Besides, if the car asks for premium, and you put regular in it, your mileage may (and most likely will) suffer as well. Once again, in the long run, that could end up costing you more.

I never understood why we are so upset about gas prices. Granted, even I complain about them occasionally, but then I see someone paying $1.49 for a one liter of pepsi, and realize that his pepsi is still more expensive than the fuel he just complained about buying.

$3.59 for regular gas

What does your owners manuel say? For my 01 caddy the manuel says 87 octane,but I use the mid-grade and a bottle of techron additive every other fill up with no problems.Roll Tide :waving: :C

well read your owner manual if it sess you have to yous 91 octane or higher that is what you yous to keep it good
but hye its a 90 do you her the engine nocking if so you person befor you probly didnt you it iether so its up to you man

just use the 91.
the manual and a couple places in the car dont say premium (91 or 93 octane) for nothing.
If you dont want to use the required fuel you should not own a caddy.
thats just how they built the engine and there's no going around it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back