Question about the LS Fan pump

tylerb

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive looked through search and ive found alot but not everything i need, i have a 2001 ls v6, the fan pump pulley broke apart, which fried my serpentine belt, i took the pump of it still rotates the middle part of the pulley is still on it.

Questions are:

Can the pulley be replaced? if so how do i get it off.

and Does a v8 fan pump fit on the v6 as well?

thank you in advance.

tyler

Best to call Maxx at Chapman ford (ad on the right) for getting a new pulley. I'm pretty certain they are press-on.
Maxx should be able to tell you if it's the same part # for the v8 and v6.

Yes you can buy new pullies. I bought one for my PS pump I think it was like 26 dollars. Cheap!!

if someone could point me to a link where i can get a pulley for less then 100 dollars lol

Yes

The the pulleys are press on, you can get the tool to do it at autozone free rental too. Just rent the puller, not the old type with 3 claws. The pulley is some type of composite material and it does crack.

I saw one on ebay the other day. Im on my android right now or I'd find it for you. Ebay search for Lincoln LS pulley and it will eventually come up.

I posted this in your other thread on the same topic.

"Is this what you're referring to?"

some dealership quoted me at 258.00 for the damn pulley

The only pulley that could cost that much would be the crankshaft pulley/harmonic balancer.

All the other pulleys range from $20-$80 and max can save you a bunch on them.

Note that press-on pulleys should not be reused, because pressing it on distorts the hole, and re-mounting will not be a tight enough fit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back