Question about the driver side window regulator assembly?

MysticMac

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I broke the clips on my window assembly a while back and havent been able to roll up my window. Now I removed the entire assembly and disconnected the motor from the cable and assembly it self because the motor still works. Now I see that it is a Bosch 12 v motor with the product number 0 130 821 962 and I am wondering if it will be compatible with a Dorman cable assembly because its about $200 canadian for an assembly with the motor.

40656974_255415035114861_6105715122762678272_n.jpg

It should be.
I have used Dorman regulators on my 04 and my 06, retaining the factory smart motor.

how do you "re-initialize" a motor

Pretty much what was said in the linked article: "depress the power window switch fully in the up position and hold until the glass stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds. Release the switch and the initialization is complete."
I've also posted the similar factory procedure several times, and I believe it's actually in your owner's manual too.

Pretty much what was said in the linked article: "depress the power window switch fully in the up position and hold until the glass stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds. Release the switch and the initialization is complete."
I've also posted the similar factory procedure several times, and I believe it's actually in your owner's manual too.
nice thanks man. been super busy and limited time so i quickly replied and hoped I got an answer to the question. Thanks guys!

how do you "re-initialize" a motor

You will need to run through the re-initialization procedure but what I neglected to point out is that the motor needs to be de-initialized first. That's what the linked article explains how to do. The previous programming has to be fully deleted for it to learn the limits of the new regulator. Here is the text from the article:

"The first thing that has to be done before re-initialization can be done is that the motor has to be de-initialized. To do this two people are needed. First locate the power window main fuse located in the trunk fuse box under the floor covering. Then have your assistant turn the key on and depress the window switch fully to put the system into one touch mode. Next while the window is moving remove the fuse. This will de-initialize the motor. To initialize the motor make sure the key is off, install the fuse that was previously removed, turn the key on, depress the power window switch fully in the up position and hold until the glass stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds. Release the switch and the initialization is complete."

Okay, it doesn't change the outcome, but I do want to explain what is actually happening. It's not really de-initialize and re-initialize. It's two separate things.

1. Smart motor initialize - This is done to set the normal operating current and stall current of the motor. When you run the window up and hold the button, it stores a new value for normal motor current. This is used for the "anti-pinch" feature. It's a safety to stop and slightly reverse the window if your arm or something gets caught in it. There is no need to remove power or anything else for the re-initialize procedure to work.

2. Motor indexing ("de-initialize") - The smart motor keeps track of approximately where it is. If it thinks it is lower than it really is, when the window goes full close it will think that it has hit someone's arm and reverse back some. I'm sure that the procedure that Jeff linked to works. Alternately, you can move the old regulator to the same starting position as the new one before moving the motor over. Usually that isn't practical since the old regulator is often not functional. What I usually do is temporarily attach the motor to the new regulator and move it all the way up. Then remove the motor and hit the up button. When the motor times out and stops, attach it to the regulator and move it as needed to install it.

So I got my regulator and now i cant find the nuts that fasten the regulator to the metal piece. I also seemed to have misplaced the bolts for the motor as welll :( If you guys know what sizes they are I can go run to home depot and get them. lol

Also I searched high and low for a pdf on the work shop manual for replacing the regulator but thats a miss too lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back