Question about pump run time?

surfaaron

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How long should it take for the suspension to level it self after you start up and drive. I am wondering if my pump is running to much. I have already replaced the O rings in the dryer and the air lines which made it run alot when they were leaking. I am just wondering if I have a leak any where else.

FWIW, my '93 takes maybe 30 seconds or less from parked posture to up and ready. It does take longer when parked for 2-3 weeks. If the suspension does not pump up in 90 seconds, the system will time out and issue a warning at the message center.

There are a lot of variables. Your weight is one. The strength of the compressor is another. Small leaks (which are inevitable) are another. Driving conditions are another. There are things to consider with the system. If the compressor is rather loud, it may be getting tired. If the car does not level, this is signs of a decent leak or weak compressor. The major concern to have is the air suspension light. As long as it is off you are in relatively good shape. To answer your question, the compressor should not run for more than 90 seconds after starting the car and shutting the door. Just be careful not to rule out other tell-tale conditions.

JoshMcMadMac said:
There are a lot of variables. Your weight is one. The strength of the compressor is another. Small leaks (which are inevitable) are another. Driving conditions are another. There are things to consider with the system. If the compressor is rather loud, it may be getting tired. If the car does not level, this is signs of a decent leak or weak compressor. The major concern to have is the air suspension light. As long as it is off you are in relatively good shape. To answer your question, the compressor should not run for more than 90 seconds after starting the car and shutting the door. Just be careful not to rule out other tell-tale conditions.

It seems to have to run for short bursts after I have driven for a short time. That is what makes me wonder if I have leaks. The pump is loud enough to hear from in side the car but does not seem to be to loud. The light has not come on since I replaced the O rings.

surfaaron said:
It seems to have to run for short bursts after I have driven for a short time. That is what makes me wonder if I have leaks. The pump is loud enough to hear from in side the car but does not seem to be to loud. The light has not come on since I replaced the O rings.
That does not sound abnormal, unless the pump runs for short bursts very frequently. The air suspension is simply adjusting for the driving conditions, i.e. bumps in the road.

Members online

Back