Question about my suspension

LSxHC

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have an 02 lse and I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but the suspension on the car is really stiff! I can feel almost every bump in the road!! It doesn't bother me but I don't know if it's normal or not because on the original window sticker it has an option called "sport-tuned suspension". I just wanna make sure it's supposed to be like that so my car won't get damaged. It is all stock and has 162k miles.

Have the shocks ever been replaced on the LS... or are they the original shocks???

If you put 2 hands and a knee on the front bumper and push down... do you get 1-2" of bounce and rebound... or does the car feel stiff/rigid?

Same with the rear bumper. Does it bounce and rebound 1-2"... or does it feel stiff/rigid.

If the car feels stiff or rigid, (no movement), then your shocks are probably locked up/froze up.

Has any work been done to the car recently... where the wheels were lifted off the ground?

While not very common... this is known to happen on vehicles with higher milage when the shocks are shot.

Either way... with 162k on the car... the shocks should probably be replaced anyway... if they are original

Members online

Back