Question about Lincoln LS Key

DaleGrib

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find 2 OEM Gen 1 Key's not the aftermarket crap, but am having a issue finding them. Can a Gen 2 Key Blank be cut and programmed to work on the Gen 1 ? I have the ability to program the keys with my computer just needing to know if the key itself will fit and will be able to program for Gen 1.

Last edited:
This shows them as being different keys. I don't think they will program.

Attachments

• pats_keys_jobaid_2009_2010.pdf
    514.5 KB · Views: 134
This shows them as being different keys. I don't think they will program.
I kinda figured as much I think Gen 1 is 40 bit and the Gen 2 is 80 bit or something like that I am not sure where I saw it though guess I was hoping it just meant it had more memory kinda like a computer. Do you know any place I can get OEM Gen 1 keys other than the dealer! Cause so far not having much luck finding them.

The only decent looking quality aftermarket one I have seen is
GT STYLE FLIP KEY REMOTE FOR LINCON CLICKER 40BIT CHIP KEYLESS ENTRY FOB BEEPER | eBay

Last edited:
I am trying to find 2 OEM Gen 1 Key's not the aftermarket crap, but am having a issue finding them. Can a Gen 2 Key Blank be cut and programmed to work on the Gen 1 ? I have the ability to program the keys with my computer just needing to know if the key itself will fit and will be able to program for Gen 1.

I just got one working on my 2005 V6. The link below has some good info on which blank to get. The 80 bit keys appear to be backwards compatible with the 40, if you get the right one.

For me it was Strattec 5913437. Worked fine, starts the car.

Locksmith Charley's FORD / LINCOLN / MERCURY Transponder Page                                                                                                                                                

20180627_084725.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back