Question about lights.

Jerrwayne

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Did all years of Mark VIII have a neon light across the trunk lid or did the early models have bulbs ? Also what year did the low beams change from halogen (sp?)sorry) to the HID ? Thanks for any answers!:)

Only gen 2 Mark VIII's - 97 and 98 - had the neon tail light. All previous models are bulbed.

I've heard that some 96 models had factory original HID's - that it was optional. However, I've never seen one. In fact, the only first gen cars I've seen with HID's were pics posted of cars where a conversion to HID had been done. Of course, all gen 2's have HID's.

JayBay said:
Only gen 2 Mark VIII's - 97 and 98 - had the neon tail light. All previous models are bulbed.

I've heard that some 96 models had factory original HID's - that it was optional. However, I've never seen one. In fact, the only first gen cars I've seen with HID's were pics posted of cars where a conversion to HID had been done. Of course, all gen 2's have HID's.

Yes all 97/98s had HID. In 1995 the LSC option was introduced and later 95 got HID as part or that option package. So some 95 LSC have HIDs and some not, but all 96 LSCs had HIDs. It was not an option for base models to get HIDs, one had to buy the LSC package which included a couple other changes such as true dual exhaust and a different gear ratio.

The Mark VIII was the very first US produced vehicle to have HIDs.

Members online

Back