Question about headlight compatibility

srebrenikk

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Lincoln LS, owned it since 07' 153k miles running strong but I have a question about the headlights, are you able to replace them with the headlight assembly from the 2000-2002 models? Has anybody attempted this and had any luck? The reason I'm looking to do this is I found a assembly that has the angel eyes/ led halos pre-installed and I do not feel like taking apart my assembly plus my headlights are already yellowed and scratched a ton from original owner using the car wash brush.
be1dbb5c-8f5e-4084-9b75-b877f49f1e1c.00e27db8d0bd8551b13c15ba613b3ceb.jpeg

The line dividing the bumper and the headlight are at different heights. To look right you'll need to get a 1st gen bumper. Also the connectors are different. As far as the mounting being different, I'll have to check on that, I have a pair 2cd gen lights squirreled away for my 1st gen.

I think your mention of the bumper height is what I was thinking... and might be confusing that with the mounting being different.

You are correct about the connectors. I was thinking that... but couldn't remember.

Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I'll remember the next time this question pops up.

I would recommend keeping the 2003 lights and get a pair of factory HID lights if your currently does not have them. They bolt right in too.

I swapped mine out and it's a nice upgrade with real improvements so you actually can see better when driving!

Members online

No members online now.
Back