Question about Fuel Pump and Sending Unit 2003 LS V8

DaleGrib

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which motor I need for the fuel pump if I decide to use my existing housing? I know I have done it before on a Lexus and it was pretty easy to replace the motor of the fuel pump itself. Also does the sending unit use a similar motor and if so can you repair it vs replacing it? I have seen some fuel pump codes on a few of my scans and I know because of its age these are suspect parts for going out soon, being they are likely original parts. I am just trying to get ahead of a problem before it becomes a true one and leaves me stranded.

Also I am having major trouble finding any replacement that is new for the passengers side pump. Any help would be wonderful. My part has the 3W4Z9275AC part number on it.

Happy New Years Dale! Why not just replace the entire fuel pump assembly?
Happy new year Bud! I am likely going to do that but its easy to replace the inside parts. However my main issue is not the pump. I can't find a new fuel transfer unit the assembly on the other side. I have looked high and low and they are not available in any brand.

Happy new year Bud! I am likely going to do that but its easy to replace the inside parts. However my main issue is not the pump. I can't find a new fuel transfer unit the assembly on the other side. I have looked high and low and they are not available in any brand.
I ended up cleaning and reusing mine. It's not really a pump, just plastic lines and the holes\sock gets plugged.

Members online

No members online now.
Back