Question about DVD Navi units

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My friend just gave me his Pioneer Avic N2 and I am gonna put it in my LS soon. I have couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to.

1. Where should I put the GPS antenna? if on the dash then how do I get it up there? I have seen it put on the front windshield, on the right lower part, but I haven't looked yet if there is access there.

2. Where should I put the GPS module (the box that is suppose to be horizontally mounted)?

Thanks.

ea3.JPG

Eclipse AVN5495. I didnt do the install but looks like the cable is ran along the dash and windshield and then down the side and under the console. Completely out of site cept for what you see there.

ea1.JPG

i mounted mine by the third break light in the back, looks clean, you could hide it under the rear deck too since their are a lot of gps sats you will get reception, xm and sirius are a different story

I mounted my brain for my AVIC in the trunk. It is on the driver's side right behind the rear seat. Then I just ran the cables under the back seat, carpet, and then through the console.

I have the GPS antenna mounted in the back window but with my tint I don't think I get a very good reception so I thinking about putting it in the front window. I was going to mount it on the trunk but then realized it was aluminum and wouldn't stick.

Thank you guys, I just finished putting it in. I'll take some pictures later.

He GAVE you an N2? God, that is one hell of a friend there.

i mounted mine by the third break light in the back, looks clean, you could hide it under the rear deck too since their are a lot of gps sats you will get reception, xm and sirius are a different story

Yep. Ive tried my XM antenna EVERYWHERE inside the car..each time for a few days. On the dash corner, center of the dash, up on the windshield, underneath the headliner. NONE of them work as well as outside the car.

Ended up mounting mine far right corner of the roof, right where the passenger door/roof/and windshield meet. Routed the wire under the rubber weather strip, against the inside door frame, under the second rubber weather strip, into the cabin, under the a pillar, down to the area under/behind the glovebox. Inside the glovebox is where I have my XM and Bluetooth units sitting horizontally, side by side. Had to drill a few holes in the backside of the glove for the cables/wires to enter to get to the modules.

Yep, and it's like brand new. He used it in his Mercedes for some time, but now he is gonna get rid of that car, so he gave it too me.

He GAVE you an N2? God, that is one hell of a friend there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back