QQ Stock Wheel Width

Just in case you don't know the 7" number comes from the inside of the rim mounting surface of the tire bead to mounting surface of the tire bead.

Thanks for the great link and info.
Looks like I'll have to widen the wheels to mount 275/45R16 Toyo Proxes TQs.
They call for 8.5 - 10.5 rims.

Orr you could just get different wheels..you'll spend more on widening and making a custom set than buying new aftermarket rims. Gives you a reason to step up to 17s at the least.

You're right about that. $235 a wheel to make 16X10.5s but I'm trying to build a Terminator "Sleeper" and surprise some people.

will you be able to clear the parking brake cable and sway bar?
some things to look at.

They would have to "remove" some offset from the stock wheel and push it out closer to the fender to allow a 10.5" wide wheel to fit in the rear..the stock wheel sits inside the fender quite a bit so you wouldnt be able to just simply add width to the inside of the rim without rubbing like crazy on the inside fender well.

You're going to need to step up to larger wheels if you plan on any brake upgrades.....

so why not P255/50R16 Toyo Proxes TQs?

that'll fit on a stock wheel.

and saturn5 makes a point. 400+ horsepower and the added weight of a termi motor will be fun with the stock brakes..

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on using spacers and longer studs to push the tires out. Future plans are for Cobra hub swaps, 18" wheels and bigger brakes but, for now, the "Sleeper" look.

Members online

Back