Q: Mark VIII passenger door window

mustpaike

LVC Member
Reaction score
2 years ago I bought my 97 Mark VIII and noticed a curious thing with my passenger door window. As I couldn't get any real answer out of the local fans or owners, I've tried not to have it bother me, but recently, seeing some youtube videos, I cannot but be bothered.

In short. My driver side door window goes down fast (truly worthy of the term 'express') and lowers completely inside the door. The passenger side door window however moves at about half the speed and lowers into the door only half-way. Now the question is, is this a feature or a fault? Can I get my passenger side window to move faster and also lower it completely into the door?

PS. I did already use the search function, but could not find an answer.

Problem solved. The issue was that when the window was being lowered, it lowered itself right onto a mis-routed door handle cable which stopped any further downward movement. The speed is not quite the same, but I think that is more related to the passenger window not being an 'express down'.

I've got the same year and both drivers side and passenger side go down at the same speed, a little side note I've never been in a car that had a window go up and down as fast as my old cutlass that was unbelievablely fast for no reason lol.

Members online

Back