PXDX Aux. in jack installation.

LSinYourLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I got tired of my tape adapter for the car. So I added a dedicated aux. in. Takes the place of the cd changer. However, I hate hacked together solutions and hanging wires, so I used a ford aux. in jack and harness, and wired up my center console.

IMG_2500.jpg
IMG_2501.jpg
IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

curious what were the parts you purchased and from where? i have a 03 with the in-dash six disc and would like to do the same thing. looks really good.

curious what were the parts you purchased and from where? i have a 03 with the in-dash six disc and would like to do the same thing. looks really good.

Your gen II with internal CD changer will need a different interface adapter than his gen I with external changer. Also, since you have an 03, you will have to pull the radio out and see if you have the gen I style connectors or the gen II connectors.
Search this forum for "PIE" You'll have to use Google site search.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

The Bezel and jack are one piece, Ford p/n 9L3Z-19C149-AB, $36.72. The harness pigtail for the jack is p/n 3U2Z-14S411-PRC, $30.98.

The adapter unit is the iSimple PXDX, you'll need harness # PXHFD3. Note that iSimple says this only works with first-gen LS, 2000-2003 with a separate CD changer in the glove box. And WILL NOT work if you have the in-dash 6disc head unit.

I took RCA cables and spliced them into the Ford pigtail harness (the green one in my first pic), and then connected that to the RCA-in on the PXDX unit. The PXDX requires you to also provide constant 12v and ground, I just removed the CD changer and reused its power/ground instead of running new wires.

I really like the unit, you just select "CD" from the radio, and it works perfectly. sound quality is FAR better than the tape adapter I was using before.

.... Note that iSimple says this only works with first-gen LS, 2000-2003 with a separate CD changer in the glove box. And WILL NOT work if you have the in-dash 6disc head unit....

He says he has an 03, therefore, he has a gen II, and an in-dash 6 CD.
Please also note that you/they have the years for the generations wrong.
2000-2002 is gen I.
2003-2006 is gen II.

He says he has an 03, therefore, he has a gen II, and an in-dash 6 CD.
Please also note that you/they have the years for the generations wrong.
2000-2002 is gen I.
2003-2006 is gen II.

I know he has a Gen II and in-dash changer, I merely quoted what iSimple says in their literature, although I should clarify: This will work in First Gen. vehicles, and in vehicles up to 2003 WITHOUT the in-dash CD changer head unit. As you said above, if you have a 2003 with a glove box changer, you will need to make sure that the connectors are the same.

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 1.21.26 PM.jpg

http://www.pac-audio.com/PacProductData/PXDX/1_Instructions/pxdx_dipswitch_settings_010208.pdf

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 1.21.26 PM.jpg

.. As you said above, if you have a 2003 with a glove box changer, you will need to make sure that the connectors are the same.

There are no 2003 LS with a glove box changer. I'm not sure how to be clearer on this.

The Bezel and jack are one piece, Ford p/n 9L3Z-19C149-AB, $36.72. The harness pigtail for the jack is p/n 3U2Z-14S411-PRC, $30.98.

or instead of spending $68 on parts that look almost factory, and having to do splicing with a set of RCSs, you could just buy this part from isimple for $13 and just plug it in...

http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-IS335-Mountable-Auxiliary-Adapter/dp/B003B01AHS

IS335.jpg

you just drill a small hole in side your center console (or really anywhere you want to), and the aux jack just pushes into that hole and plugs it, then you run it to your adapter, it has an 1/8" mini jack but also come with a adapter to plug into RCA connectors. this also includes an aux cable (although a cheap one that you will want/need to replace sooner or later)

basically looks like this when you're done

pdm35_m.jpg

IS335.jpg

pdm35_m.jpg

or instead of spending $68 on parts that look almost factory, and having to do splicing with a set of RCSs, you could just buy this part from isimple for $13 and just plug it in...

You could, but I prefer the factory look, and since I work at Ford dealer my parts costs are considerably lower. :)

I also like the ability to have the harness connector so I can detach it from the center console when servicing the vehicle.

You could, but I prefer the factory look, and since I work at Ford dealer my parts costs are considerably lower. :)

I also like the ability to have the harness connector so I can detach it from the center console when servicing the vehicle.

So....... Deal for us on the same parts??? Wanna explain how to splice RCA cables??? I would like to be able to do that same thing with my daughter's console. Right now I just have the PIE pigtail running into the console which makes removing the top a pain.

Wanna explain how to splice RCA cables???

cut one side of the RCA's off, then there is a positive and negative wire for each RCA connector, the two negative wires go together, then each positive wire will get connected to their respective wires at the ford harness, then the two joined negative wires will go the third wire. I recommend soldering.

You could, but I prefer the factory look
I dont know, that out of place screw gets me and is a clear give away that its not OEM... the simple plug looks a lot less out of place.

if somebody really wants to make it look perfectly like the OEM, this is what I would do.

I dont know if the part number that you used is like the OEM aux jack in my wifes 2008 escape (if not use this partnumber) but the connector itself can be released from the panel as its own part. then drill a small hole the exact same size as the outer diameter of the barrel of the aux connector (how clean you drill this hole, greatly effects the outcome of the looks) stick the AUX jack through this hole from the back side of the panel in the center console and use a little epoxy to secure it.

and since I work at Ford dealer my parts costs are considerably lower. :)
that makes makes a big difference!

I can see that being nice.

Members online

No members online now.
Back