Putting my lse on the block

Glws. The miles are not the enemy....the model year is for that asking price.

i know its clean and low miles, but for that price i'd get an 06...or a clean twin turbo b5 Audi S4

GL selling tho, sucks to see another ago.

If that had a vagina, I'd consider putting my......this is getting weird nvm. Good luck!

I never realized how much of the interior changed from gen 1 to 2 until I looked at those pics. It's very, very nice! But that price is a bit high. I could have bought two of my 03's for that price. It may not be in as good of shape, but for double the money I could do considerable restoration and upgrades... or buy a second one.

It won't hurt to run it for a while with that price though. Someone may come along and buy it.

On the block

Yes I know it's on the high side. But I have seen LS'S with a ton of miles asking nearly 10 k. My logic is for a few k more your getting a practically new car. I don't have to sell it. I just thought it was time for someone else to enjoy it probably more than I have.

That is a very nice LSE. No body will be able to get a bank loan for it but if someone has cash it may sell a bit under what you are asking.

Someone will fall in love with it like I did. Kelly Blue Book has it valued at 11,300 in excellent condition. This car has led an very sheltered life. You really have to see the car in person to see the shape she is in. On paper you have to tell yourself WTF! LOL... But I think once you see how clean this car really is it will make more sense to you.

Credit unions will loan on older vehicles. About 3-4 years ago I sold a 1987 pickup to a guy who financed it through a credit union. I financed my 2003 model through one last month.

I bought mine with a bank loan, granted it was not nearly as much money.

Someone will fall in love with it like I did. Kelly Blue Book has it valued at 11,300 in excellent condition. This car has led an very sheltered life. You really have to see the car in person to see the shape she is in. On paper you have to tell yourself WTF! LOL... But I think once you see how clean this car really is it will make more sense to you.

You can never go a KBB or any of those sources.
They had rated my car for over $6000 for a trade in, but the truth is the dealer was giving me half.

Anyways, the car does look beautiful and if you wait long enough someone might take it off your hands at that price.

I got a bank loan for 4k on mine almost 4 years ago, but I payed half the car on down payment.

even though the car was babied it still is 10 years old, no warranty, and terrible on gas, for a few thousand more you can buy a brand new hyundai, with 100,00 mile warranty, and great mpg. It will sell though but maybe for around 10,000

but that asking price gives you much more wiggle room.

You can never go a KBB or any of those sources.
They had rated my car for over $6000 for a trade in, but the truth is the dealer was giving me half.

wow thats an insult. i got offered $6.5K a while back from a small local dealer on a trade-in...too bad i wasn't really looking to get rid of the car at the time, just curious.

I never realized how much of the interior changed from gen 1 to 2 until I looked at those pics. It's very, very nice! But that price is a bit high. I could have bought two of my 03's for that price. It may not be in as good of shape, but for double the money I could do considerable restoration and upgrades... or buy a second one.

I hear ya. When I bought my 04 LSE back in November it had 31k nav, hid, sensors and all that jazz and I only paid 11,800. And it was in excellent shape. As much as I'd like to add a low mileage LSE to my collection I have a hard time paying 10k or over for a car that unfortunately is a gen I and will someday likely have issues. Not to mention that for 12k u can get a gen II LSE or 06 pretty loaded with under 50k. Which seems more practical.

It does look great though.

I got a bank loan for 4k on mine almost 4 years ago, but I payed half the car on down payment.

even though the car was babied it still is 10 years old, no warranty, and terrible on gas, for a few thousand more you can buy a brand new hyundai, with 100,00 mile warranty, and great mpg. It will sell though but maybe for around 10,000

Wow! I think you are missing the point. How can you compare a Hyundi to an LS?. This is a forum for people who are into Lincolns and Cadillac's ? By all means if you can be happy driving around in an econobox have at it. These cars are for people who are car guys, not someone who thinks a car is something that takes you to the store and back. Again I know it's on the high side. Usually a car starts to appreciate after it reaches 10 years old. I hope somebody out there is going to appreciate all the great care and effort that went into preserving this car.

wow thats an insult. i got offered $6.5K a while back from a small local dealer on a trade-in...too bad i wasn't really looking to get rid of the car at the time, just curious.

It really was. If they had given me $6.5k, i would have let it go in without hesitation...... i would be crusing around in a Jag right now.
He offered $3500. I mean my car is extremely clean in and out. The interior looks new. Not a stain, a wear anywhere.

She is going up for sale in few days anyway.

Wow! I think you are missing the point. How can you compare a Hyundi to an LS?. This is a forum for people who are into Lincolns and Cadillac's ? By all means if you can be happy driving around in an econobox have at it. These cars are for people who are car guys, not someone who thinks a car is something that takes you to the store and back. Again I know it's on the high side. Usually a car starts to appreciate after it reaches 10 years old. I hope somebody out there is going to appreciate all the great care and effort that went into preserving this car.

wrong, a car will never appreciate unless it is desirable by the masses, the Lincoln LS will never, never appreciate in value, do not confuse inflation with appreciation.

and no I am not comparing a hyundai to the Lincoln, but that is what a majority of people will do because the ls is just a sedan to 95% of drivers, nothing more.

So when they look at them no one wants an old car with issues that are known like they are, with bad mileage and almost the cost of car only a couple years old that will be ten fold more reliable.

Trust me guy, i love my car, but under no circumstance would it ever be replaced by another ls, they are going to be to old for me to do that when I am ready to do so.

my Catalina had only 20,000 miles on it when I bought it in 2008 and I paid 2k for it, just because it would help out a relative who had it. Now do some research, they quit making them in 81, which was my year so it was babied more than your lincoln. It was a sweet car, but because it was babied made it no more valuable than any other Catalina. as in I would not have paid more than 2k for it.

So to sum up this educational post, it is not what you think it is, it is what the mass thinks it is, and that is a v-8 gas drinking sedan, not a desirable car, that will sell for thousands above book.

wrong, a car will never appreciate unless it is desirable by the masses, the Lincoln LS will never, never appreciate in value, do not confuse inflation with appreciation.

and no I am not comparing a hyundai to the Lincoln, but that is what a majority of people will do because the ls is just a sedan to 95% of drivers, nothing more.

So when they look at them no one wants an old car with issues that are known like they are, with bad mileage and almost the cost of car only a couple years old that will be ten fold more reliable.

Trust me guy, i love my car, but under no circumstance would it ever be replaced by another ls, they are going to be to old for me to do that when I am ready to do so.

my Catalina had only 20,000 miles on it when I bought it in 2008 and I paid 2k for it, just because it would help out a relative who had it. Now do some research, they quit making them in 81, which was my year so it was babied more than your lincoln. It was a sweet car, but because it was babied made it no more valuable than any other Catalina. as in I would not have paid more than 2k for it.

So to sum up this educational post, it is not what you think it is, it is what the mass thinks it is, and that is a v-8 gas drinking sedan, not a desirable car, that will sell for thousands above book.

I'm not saying this car is the greatest thing that hit the road. But I did bring it to the attention to this forum of people who do think this car is something out of the ordinary or has some type of interest in the LS. You keep say this car gets bad gas mileage, I don't think 18 around town and 23 on the highway for a car of this caliber is that bad. I have no illusions this car will appeal to the masses, but there are people out there that have very specific tastes in what ever car or cars they may think has a certain value in there eyes. So yes your right, if you look at it as a just USED car then what you are say maybe true. What I'm looking for is the person that just might have some passion for the LS. And that may take some time, which I have plenty of (hopefully LOL...)

I'm not saying this car is the greatest thing that hit the road. But I did bring it to the attention to this forum of people who do think this car is something out of the ordinary or has some type of interest in the LS. You keep say this car gets bad gas mileage, I don't think 18 around town and 23 on the highway for a car of this caliber is that bad. I have no illusions this car will appeal to the masses, but there are people out there that have very specific tastes in what ever car or cars they may think has a certain value in there eyes. So yes your right, if you look at it as a just USED car then what you are say maybe true. What I'm looking for is the person that just might have some passion for the LS. And that may take some time, which I have plenty of (hopefully LOL...)

Trust me, I am not saying the car is bad, I am just telling you what most will look at it and see, I love my LS, as much as it drives me nuts some times. But the car will appeal to very few especially at the price. I would imagine that it will sell eventually for a bit less than asking price, as used cars always do, other than very special vehicles.

Trust me, I am not saying the car is bad, I am just telling you what most will look at it and see, I love my LS, as much as it drives me nuts some times. But the car will appeal to very few especially at the price. I would imagine that it will sell eventually for a bit less than asking price, as used cars always do, other than very special vehicles.

I agree, I think we are on the same page. It will be interesting to see what happens. Stay tuned.....

Members online

Back