Pulse through my stereo speakers pulse,pulse,pulse,pulse,

Oilslick00

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, all my codes are clear. My 2003 LS is running great, BUT I have a kind of a pulse every second coming through the car speakers. It's not a beep or chime. it sounds like when long long ago static from plugs came through the speakers. However, I'm almost certain it is not the plugs. it's pulse,pulse,pulse,pulse,pulse, over and over and only turns off when my car and radio is off. If car engine is off, but radio is still on before I open the door it's pulse,pulse,pulse,pulse,pulse,.

While sitting there with the car running and the speakers "pulsing," does setting the climate control hotter or colder (climate control on auto) cause the pulsing to change?

While sitting there with the car running and the speakers "pulsing," does setting the climate control hotter or colder (climate control on auto) cause the pulsing to change?
Oh, I haven't tried that. i will in the morning and see what happens. Thanks Come to think of it the sound didn't happen when I was running the heater/ defroster. once it warmed up today, i didn't have anything on and did hear the sound then. could it be the climate control valve?

I went outside just a minute ago and played with the temperature setting. if on defrost and temp set to 75 the sound is there. however if I put temp to 90 it cancels the sound out.

I went outside just a minute ago and played with the temperature setting. if on defrost and temp set to 75 the sound is there. however if I put temp to 90 it cancels the sound out.
Yeah, that meets expectation and experience. I think that your DCCV is starting to short out internally. Unfortunately, this is one of those parts that if you actually want it to work longer than a month, you have to get the OEM part.

Yeah, that meets expectation and experience. I think that your DCCV is starting to short out internally. Unfortunately, this is one of those parts that if you actually want it to work longer than a month, you have to get the OEM part.
It won't cause my car to overheat on the short term will it? I'll have to get one but changing it is a pain in the ass.

It won't cause my car to overheat on the short term will it? I'll have to get one but changing it is a pain in the ass.
Only if enough coolant leaks out or enough air gets sucked in.
There is slight danger of it running the battery down. (Sometimes the electrical noise from the short can keep the climate control from going to sleep.)

Only if enough coolant leaks out or enough air gets sucked in.
There is slight danger of it running the battery down. (Sometimes the electrical noise from the short can keep the climate control from going to sleep.)
10-4 I have a new one on the way. Thanks

Members online

Back