Pulled the tune, No more Fail Safe or Misfires. Suggestions?

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
SO I tried just about everything. The tune fights even with the old Delphi coils.

Pulled the tune, and the past couple days I've been laying into it. Computer has completed its drive cycle, and its running good. No misfires (audibly), no codes, no fail safe. Just pure unadulterated stock horse power.

So I'm thinking that Torries tune is applying higher voltage than these coils can take, and is shorting them out. Is that pretty much it? Lemme know your thoughts.

...So I'm thinking that Torries tune is applying higher voltage than these coils can take, and is shorting them out. Is that pretty much it? Lemme know your thoughts.

Not possible. The coils get battery voltage minus the slight drop in the wiring and the slight drop across the FETs in the PCM. There's nothing to adjust or alter coil primary voltage. Secondary voltage is somewhat determined by dwell time, but I seriously doubt that is a feature that any tune could change.

I'm told that Tunes expose weak points in your system.
So at this point, what would you suspect the issue to be? Clearly the PCM is happy with stock programming. So whatever the tune changed, seems to piss off my PCM. Where would you suspect the weak point to be?

CEL Came on yesterday. Scanned, and 02 sensor is the only code. Already replaced an 02...

So I'm guessing im gonna have no choice but to buy forscan and run the test.

Members online

No members online now.
Back