Puddle lamps not working shortly after LED Brighlights install????

ga289stocker

LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently installed a set of LED Puddle lamps. They worked great for a few weeks. I just noticed the other night that either side is working. Any ideas what would cause this? Thanks.

or depending on what you did to get them working, the new LEDs could have took a sh!t and stopped working.

Have you checked the associated fuse? First thing to check usually.

For the life of me I can't find the Puddle Lamp fuse location anywhere. I went thru the owners manual and no where does it say "Puddle Lamp". Anybody know where this fuse would be located?

And as sensitive as the LS is electrically the car may have shut them down if it gets a "wrong" draw.

Without any information about your specific model I'd say its safe to assume that your puddle lights run on the interior courtesy lighting circuit. Not sure about your model, but the courtesy lighting fuse in my 2002 LS8 is located in the trunk fusebox

I though they were also under the interior lights circuit, anytime you manually turn on the interior lights, the puddle lights also come on.

personally if it was me, the first thing I would do would be to pull on of the bulbs out and test for voltage just to see if the car had the problem, or your bulbs do...

Without any information about your specific model I'd say its safe to assume that your puddle lights run on the interior courtesy lighting circuit. Not sure about your model, but the courtesy lighting fuse in my 2002 LS8 is located in the trunk fusebox

Puddle lamps are an '03-'06 option.....

Puddle lamps are an '03-'06 option.....

I'm aware, just shedding some light on potential interior light fuse location, assuming that the puddle lamps run on the same circut.

On that note, does anybody know if you can fit a gen2 mirror housing on a gen1 and tap into the courtesy light circuit?

I'm aware, just shedding some light on potential interior light fuse location, assuming that the puddle lamps run on the same circut....

Fuse F4.05 (in the trunk)

...On that note, does anybody know if you can fit a gen2 mirror housing on a gen1 and tap into the courtesy light circuit?

Yes. Search this forum for the details.

How did you replace the incandesent bulb with an LED in the Puddle Lamp. I pulled the puddle lamp assy out of the mirror housing and the bulb is inside an 'enclosed' (looks sealed) socket assy.

How did you replace the incandesent bulb with an LED in the Puddle Lamp. I pulled the puddle lamp assy out of the mirror housing and the bulb is inside an 'enclosed' (looks sealed) socket assy.

I think that some have cut them open, replaced the bulb with an LED bulb, and glued them back together. Otherwise, you can get the whole assembly with LED as a replacement. One of many examples: Super White 18-LED Side View Under Mirror Lights for Ford F-150 Explorer 11-18 | eBay

Members online

No members online now.
Back