Production numbers

dtangerini

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the production numbers of LS's built by year.
And how many V8's VS V6'6 ?

Production ended in April 2006 with 262,900 LS's built over the 7 years.
All the info I can find for now

Yes, this would be interesting to know!

The only other "fact" I ever read was 3% of the 00-02 LSes were manuals.

I would love to know this information....especially on the 2003's.

I recall reading a post a year or so ago that listed the entire run of the LS and the number of units built each year. I do not believe the post indicated v6 or v8 but did list the numbers (through 05).

I have looked but can not find the post. I believe the question was answered by Ken or Lou (GrayGhost1 or Quik LS).

Production ended in April 2006 with 262,900 LS's built over the 7 years.

This seems rather low.... even for the LS (only 37,557 per year!).

I hope someone can find us some more info.

That does seem low considering I see them all the time. I do live in florida though.

That does seem low considering I see them all the time. I do live in florida though.

haha.....

I rarely see them here in Austin. When I do, yes, its usually an old person in the 03+ but most of the time if it's a 2000-2002 I see younger people driving them.

Speaking of which, I'd like to meet some of the Austin LS owners some time, I know we have some on here.....

Honestly... I see them everywhere. Not as often as a Corola or Accord mind you. But for instance this weekend I stayed local in Northwest Arkansas. There are about 250k people within 50 mile radius (several towns of 50-75k separated by a few miles of interstate). I saw 4 LS's on Friday and 5 on Saturday. One was the same so let's say 4 and 4. And I know for a fact that there are more than that around because I live down the street from a blue 05 and a friend of a friend has a white 00 that I didnt see. Last week I flew to Louisville, KY for a meeting just south in Elizabethtown. I saw 3 of them the one day I was in E-town and 3 more in L-ville.

This is another reason I believe there were more than 262,900 made throughout the years... I see them all the time (perhaps because I look).

Ever notice you dont really notice certain cars until you own one or a friend does & then you see them everywhere.. Was like that when I bought my LS.. I had seen maybe 2, now I see them everyday it seems like.

I live in Cedar Park and I see quite a few around Austin. I drive 620/2222 in a 2000 Dark Green Satin. Now I don't see many of that color..!

I live in Cedar Park and I see quite a few around Austin. I drive 620/2222 in a 2000 Dark Green Satin. Now I don't see many of that color..!

I've seen you....

I'm the dude in the 03 Medium Steel Blue LS8. I used to live off 620, now I have moved way south near William Cannon.

yal should come to houston.

i live in a nicer and busier part of houston (westheimer) so i seem them pretty frequently. saw one today while at work, it was a 00-02 silver w/ black rims. looked nice. id say i see about 4-5 a day usually, but im always looking for them.

anyone noticed how similar our cars look to slightly older model bmw 7series, and some mitsu galants?

I see about he same as pwr2killayak about 4-5 per day. I am starting to see more younger people driving them thou. I don't know if I really like that. It was kind of nice rolling up to another lincoln ls and 99% of the time being someone old. Just kind of different, for a younger guy. Then a mustang or import.
There is a 03+ with the light parchment metallic colour in windsor with some nice rims on his. I wouldn't mine chatting up.
Really sharp car. <-- NO :q:q:q:q EH!! I guess thats why I own one. lol

Lincoln stopped production of the manual transmission model LS in 2002. Only 2331 Manuals were produced. The Manual was the only model to have a 3.31 differential and a final gear ratio of 1:1.

Aug. 2005 - Sales last year fell 20% to 28,000 and are down 18% so far in 2005, despite large sales incentives. Recently, new Lincoln LS models have been selling at a $7,500 discount from sticker price. In its debut year (2000), more than 50,000 Lincoln LSs were sold. (source - Detroit Free Press)

anyone noticed how similar our cars look to slightly older model bmw 7series, and some mitsu galants?

Yep i have noticed that. Check out the 1999 BMW 735 (the car the main character drives in the film "The Transporter")

Lincoln stopped production of the manual transmission model LS in 2002. Only 2331 Manuals were produced. The Manual was the only model to have a 3.31 differential and a final gear ratio of 1:1.

Close; there were 2341 built and the rear end is 3.07 for all manuals.

Members online

No members online now.
Back