Problems with my 02, not starting, skipping.. *sigh*

deliriuum

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking the forum for a while now, so far I've found out why my heated seats stopped working (lumbar support unplugged it), and drooled over QuikLS's Supercharged project, all 97 million pages of it.

But so far I haven't found any input on my specific problems. So hopefully someones run across them and can offer advice

02 LS V6 113k

1.)At times, the car doesn't want to start, like the batteries dead or something. I've had both the alt, and bat checked. Both checked good. Typically happens if I leave the auto head lights or the AC/Fan on.
So I make sure both are off before turning off the car. Even then its slow to turn over at times.
Any idea what might be causing this?

2.) Sputtering/skipping. I'm pretty sure this is the O2 sensors. But here it is anyway. The best way to describe it is a "bump" in the engine, during idle, acceleration and cruising.

There are other minor inconveniences but all an all my 02 is in pretty tip top shape. Not sure the previous owner took care of it proper.

Anyway thanks for any input...

#1 sounds like a batt, i have seen bad batterys test ok, could also be a lose or corroded ground or batt connection

#2 have you checked you coils, pull your coil covers off and make sure there is no oil (or anything else) in the plug wells

The connections on the battery are good, look brand new. I'll try and replace the battery to see if that helps.

I'll check the coils this afternoon,

Thanks

the connections to the batt are not the only ones i would look at (alt, fuse boxes, ect)

Members online

No members online now.
Back