Problems to look for?

lilwheezy75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
As you can tell im new, i have so many questions.. and heres one more. I got the 94 continental wit the 3.8L v6... anything i should look out for? like any know problems that usually occur? I bought it with 145k on it... and it seems to be going strong.. i gotta scheduled tune up on tuesday n gettin myplugs n stuff in.. but anything to be aware of or no?

The most known problems with these cars are the air shocks, and the infamous headgasket. The head gasket is preventable though just change your oil and coolant on a usual basis and you can usually avoid it. The Air suspension usually goes out at around 7-10 years. If your car has the original bags you may want to prepare to get new air shocks, because they will go out. As for the trans it's pretty solid, besides the headgasket thing the 3.8l v6 is pretty great engine they last pretty long time if you take good care of them. Usual preventative maintenance and what not. All and all you got a pretty nice ride, I have one of the same year, it's a 94 exec. series with 96k miles, and it's performance white over burgandy leather interior. Ilike it and it's been a pretty great ride.

Enjoy you're Lincoln dude. :V :Beer

Thats great informations... yea half of it im already doing.. getting a full tune up in the morning, oil changed.. new spark plugs.. checkint he brakes.. making sure everythings good.. thanks for the help

Members online

No members online now.
Back