Problems after sitting a while.

tarawa

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 LS Ultimate that had a moon roof leak. I fixed the leak and then let the car sit in the driveway for a few months. I had to go away for a job and my wife suggested that I take the LS and leave her my other two vehicles. I charged the battery, washed two months of dirt off the car and decided that it was ready to go. After leaving for the job (only a 70 mile drive) I noticed that the ABS light came on. Then the traction control light came on and has to be cleared by hitting the reset button. And then the check engine light came on. The dash is pretty much lit up. Car is running as good as ever. I went to adjust my side mirrors and both mirrors only work in the up and down mode, not left and right.....what do you experts think is happening. Everything was fine before I parked the car. The car does have high mileage (200K)
Thanks

Hitting reset does not clear any problems or turn the traction control light off. It only removes the message in the message center display.

Any ABS problem will also disable traction control or AdvanceTrac (whichever you have). You will need to connect a Ford specific scan tool to have any clue where to look for the problem.

You will also have to connect a scan tool to have any clue what the check engine problem is. There are hundreds of possibilities.

On the mirrors, most likely the contacts in the switch itself are dirty or failing. You'll have to completely disassemble the switch and clean the contacts, or replace the switch (the assembly in the driver's door). Meanwhile, push harder and it might work. Note that it could be the direction switch and/or the mirror select switch that has the problem(s).

Members online

No members online now.
Back