Problem with THX navigation unit

palmz43

LVC Member
Reaction score
So on new years my navigation unit's screen decided that it didn't want to work anymore (was working before that). The radio still works, volume works, steering wheel controls work, and all the buttons light up.

The screen on the unit is black but the backlight still works. The buttons on the left side don't make an audible noise over the system when you hit them like they used too and the touch screen does not work either.

Does anyone have some ideas on what it could possibly be. Any help would be appreciated.

So on new years my navigation unit's screen decided that it didn't want to work anymore (was working before that). The radio still works, volume works, steering wheel controls work, and all the buttons light up.

The screen on the unit is black but the backlight still works. The buttons on the left side don't make an audible noise over the system when you hit them like they used too and the touch screen does not work either.

Does anyone have some ideas on what it could possibly be. Any help would be appreciated.

Does the voice activation work? Is the screen turned off?

No idea. The only time my screen goes black is when it's negative degrees out and my cars been outside all night. But after the car warms up it's not black anymore. But hey if you decide you need a new one contact me. I have one from my old wrecked ls avaliable for sale.

That was what mine did as well. Now it's just permanently black. How much are you looking for? I'm not looking to spend a lot on this car it's a dd with 180k

That's a little more than what I'm looking to spend. If you do it for 200 you have a deal

I'm selling all my parts for prices that I would have to pay if I had to track one down and buy it for myself. Sorry 200 is to low.

There's one on eBay for 250. Maybe you could grab that one.

You may as well go with an aftermarket unit.

Theres some good deals out right now...my main reason for upgrading was the lack of a remote and the ability to get full ipod control. The pie adapter can only do so much.

Update: replaced the unit with another one and the screen still doesn't work... I'm at a lose for what may be causing this problem

Update: replaced the unit with another one and the screen still doesn't work... I'm at a lose for what may be causing this problem

Video for the screen actually comes from the unit in the trunk. Your problem may be with it or with the wiring between.

I didnt know that joegr.

I also didnt know about the second amp until recently.

Joegr my voice activation and buttons on the left side don't work either. Would that come from the trunk unit as well?

Joegr my voice activation and buttons on the left side don't work either. Would that come from the trunk unit as well?

The voice activation, yes. The buttons, I'm not sure.

If the issue is looking overly complex or expensive to fix it may be worth looking into getting an aftermarket nav unit...

Or not fixing it... The car has 180k and it's my dd so I could care less. If its less than 200 I'll fix it

With $250 you can get a brand new double din that's better than the THX ever was.

More stupid stuff with this car. Car died this morning and all of a sudden my headunit screen started to work... This car continues to baffle me

More stupid stuff with this car. Car died this morning and all of a sudden my headunit screen started to work... This car continues to baffle me

Check the power relays and their sockets in the trunk power distribution center.

Members online

Back