Problem with Heated Seats

tyler1313

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me twice. I go start my car and it is cold about 30 degrees. It takes a sec to start but thats normal when its cold. but when i start it my heated seats wont turn on. The whole time im driving they wont turn on but then i turn off my car and start it again they do turn on. does anybody have any ideas. This has never happened before.

I am really fed up asking, yet AGAIN, what year LS, what engine, etc. Without this info, we can't help you.

mine did that too... i have an 03. they said that there was a service update on the heat ducts in the front seat, that made them over heat and shut off. its fixed under warrenty and works perfect!

The 03+ cars have a completely different heating system than the 00-02 cars, so don't look to them for advice.

The 00 cars have an electronic heating element in the seat, and, unfortuantely, they suffered from breakage. The problem was that the wires would break after prolonged seating. Its hard to tell from what you've described the exact cause of your problem, but it sounds like a circuit breaker is kicking in and then resetting when you start the car the second time. Due to the tight electrical system tolerances in the 00-02 cars, you may want to have your dealer check this out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back