Problem? after getting brake lines replaced

purelux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I had to replace my brake lines not too long ago due to the line being rotted. But anyways not long after i noticed the cable hanging lower than normal. At first I thought maybe they broke a guide that helps keep the cable from drooping. But it seems like even with that there there looks like alot of slack.

e-brake cable.jpg

can it be checked with the tires on or does the car need to be jacked up and tires removed.

depends on how thin you are... I would need the car jacked up on that side (but I weigh 270...)

you might be able to just look under the rocker area, it should be close to there. The front most cable goes to the parking brake assy inside the car. from there, it should split into 2 cables (one to each rear wheel). I dont know the exact location/layout, but it should be obvious.

*IF* there turns out to be a problem at the rear wheels, you will likely need to remove the wheels in order to get decent access to the parking brake mechanicals on each wheel (should be part of the calipers)

Thanks, i'll probably wait for a bit warmer temps in a few days and jack it up to get a better view.

Greased and checked the e-brake on both sides and the cable still droops the same. Looks like the cable just needs adjusted, probably just a skipped step after redoing the lines. Wish i had noticed it sooner after getting the work done. Though I did notice a stuck slider on the drivers rear caliper, completely stuck even a hammer wouldn't move it in or out. Ended up twisting it with channel locks and finally got it out cleaned it and greased it. With the brake fully depressed you could still turn that wheel by hand before greasing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back