primary tensioner question

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so im looking at my primary timing set and everthing appears normal there is some golden resin film coating everthing but seems intact ….reading the shop manual procedure to remove the timing set ive tried to move or compress the tensioner to install a small drill bit in a tensioner hole with the guide but like they don't want to budge the drivers side seems a little more compressed I can jiggle the guide a little but the tensioner is stiff and wont compress any more to install a drill bit are they supposed to be that stiff ?? I was expecting it to be the opposite sloppy with teeth ground down …. can someone elaborate on the tensioner and guide diagnosis or do I just need to apply more clamp pressure

im here answering my own question after pulling the adjusters they appear ok you just might find It difficult to unlock the tensioners considering the little lever thing is the lock ,,, well evidently they don't move around too much after getting in a grove self adjusting is more slop the further out they go and find a grove to lock into so im satisfied with my guides and tensioners

Members online

No members online now.
Back