Price for O2

Chadly

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
How much can I expect to pay for new O2 sensors installed? Prob just the front 2. I normally do everything myself but I have heard tons of horror stories about this job.

I am broke and need O2 sensors. This week Im going to goto the junkyard and pull some! Ill post back my success.

lol. man, if you're that cheap, just do it yourself. start a week before and spray everything down with pb blaster or similar. it will help in the long run. it's not too terrible after you pull the exhaust down.

I buy mine for $30 each. I forget which side is easier, but its on of those jobs where is may be a total pain the first time. But you know if you do it the second time is will go quick. Rent the O2 installation tool and have PLENTY of extensions, u-joints and ratchets on hand.

How do you get the drivers side one that hooks into the exhaust header? More importantly how to you plug it back into its plug!!?!?!?!

If I get it out Im so tempted to cut the wires and just extend the wires to the plug. Iev read that since it pulses at a low voltage that it would interfere with the O2 sensors reading making it useless. However I dont know how on earth you plug it back in.

I read that if you have an air compressor and socket gun ( whatever it is called ). That it comes right out. But you gotta be careful because the O2 socket will fly at you.

Well I did it! Pulled one off of a GEN 1. I dont know why put it was easy. No lubrication, no struggling, or no problems! It was Literally no trouble at all. The hardest part was unplugging the thing ( I hate those ford clips ).

I just hope taking it off my GEN 2 will be just as easy.

There are two. And I hope your not using a used one. They are cheap new.

There are two. And I hope your not using a used one. They are cheap new.

SURE AM! Just sprayed oven cleaner on them and letting them soak! Got nothing to lose and $50 for one is alot of money when your in college!

SURE AM! Just sprayed oven cleaner on them and letting them soak! Got nothing to lose and $50 for one is alot of money when your in college!

Ugh! Your goofy. Good luck, but you should have just installed it. Chemicals like you are using will destroy it. They can not be cleaned. They are very sensitive, so sensitive they use oxygen particles to make their own voltage. The only method I have seen for cleaning is with a propane torch. Gonna start calling you "Ed".

Rockauto has them for about $20. With discount coupon codes, you can probably get them at Advanced for about the same price. Personally, I generally spend more than that on beer at a bar in a couple of hours.

Members online

No members online now.
Back