Powered seat wont lean back forward. 2005 LS Sport

WolfInsomnia

New LVC Member
Reaction score
8 way powered seats. everything else works on the drivers side seat. forward, backward, lumbar. I leaned the seat back for a quick nap at work and now it refuses to lean back forward. is there a way to manually do this? how do i find the issue for this? I've checked the appropriate fuses and all is good there. seat is just stuck fully reclined.

How does the switch feel? Possibly went bad. Not 100 percent sure but there might be a way to take it apart and jump the wires to bypass the switch, or supply power from a different source to the wires to make the motor move. I have switch problems on my fifth wheel camper jacks sometimes,

You will probably have to remove the seat back panel. That is done by gently pulling the panel out at the bottom... then lifting/sliding the panel down vertically.

Don't pull out on the top of the back panel or you will snap some tabs that hold the seat back in place.

Spray some bicycle chain lube on the gears and what not, then try to move the seat back by hand while working the recline switch.

Members online

Back