Power Steering

Garbone

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey there, has anyone out there had power steering pump/hose leaks? Pipe up if so, as I would like someplace to start my diagnosis of the problem.
Please help, I have a leak!

yea im getting a little power sterring leak my freaking steering is mad hard when stoped but if i rev the car the wheel moves freely can anyone anyone input?

My rack insnt leaking...thank God. I seams to be coming from around the pump.
It has only dripped a couple of drops, and none since I inspected it, and wiped it down some.
I am going to be under it tonight again, and will wipe it down completely, so I can keep an eye on where it is coming from.
I wonder if one wheel crank to the lock, could have overpressured a hose clamp, and forced some out, on a one time deal...
Any thoughts on that?

When I first got my car there was a power steering leak, sent it back to the dealer and they replaced pump and High pressure line. Probably not much help, but I had the leak, and it was leaking right onto the exhaust manifold, friggin smoked and stunk like crap.

There's no such thing as a perfect oil seal especially when pressure is involved. If the spot doesn't come back right away then just leave it be.

Union807: Try replacing the serpentine belt, and the automatic belt tensioner. Its probably slipping.

Members online

Back