power seat

xmas077

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi new to forum. I just bought a 98 from a old couple with 110k miles . Love the car so far .
I have a two questions for the community .

The diver seat motor does not move the worm screw on right side of the seat. The gear on the worn screw seems to be suck. Every other function works. I want to remove the seat to investigate the problem but I can't reach the two bolts on the back since the seat does not move front to back. Can the seat be move manually? and if not how do I get out.

I've already ordered all the parts that need to be change for the front suspension from Rockauto but Rockauto has no parts for back suspension . Where do I find back suspension parts and does the conti share it's platform with a other ford car which might help me locate compatible parts for the rear.

Thanks for the help.
Noel

Hi and welcome to the forum.

A couple things to keep in mind here about the seat. It could be simply a plug connector to the DSM or DSCM Driver's Seat Control Module may have came unplugged check the connections first. Then see if the seat goes back and forth. Another thing to try is push the seat control button on door forward and push the seat forward with your butox forward at the same time. This will re-align the seat. It could have come off track, it happens. Mine was doing this. You can buy the seat modules off of Ebay or possibly Rockauto. Also check fuses in panel. Might even need a new seat switch on drivers door.

The seat can't be moved manually. Try your best to get to the back bolts with the socket set. ****Keep in mind I know you have a '98 but my '99 was the first year for side airbags. Make sure you unplug the battery terminals for safety precautions. These cars have a lot of electronics.

How to get seat out: Granted I know you cant move it but, remove front seat track covers both front and rear of seat. Be careful how you take those covers off you should be able to pull up and over (they cover the nuts/bolts to floor). Next Disconnect all electrical plug in connectors, be careful when doing this too you don't want to bend any of the metal prongs, use flash light to see all connections. If you have lumbar remove the shield, pay attention to how the shield comes off. Remove the screws, carefully disconnect the connections. Also be careful not to damage seat back with all the wiring. I do not think you have to remove the armrests if you have column shift. If you have console shift its a little easier maybe.

Now after all these tests you might need a new or pre-owned driver seat track with memory controls. Make sure to check if you have heated seats or not...

Seat module switch on door:
99 00 01 02 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL L. FRONT DOOR SWITCH DRIVER'S SEAT MOTOR CONTROL | eBay

Driver seat module new: NEW OEM Ford Seat Control Module LH F80B-13C789-AD Lincoln Continental 1998-1999 | eBay

Driver seat module old: Tested * 99 Lincoln Continental Driver Memory Seat Control Module F80B13C789AD | eBay

Seat track with Memory: 99-02 Lincoln contenental drivers side power seat track w/memory | eBay
I hope this helps. Keep us updated.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

A couple things to keep in mind here about the seat. It could be simply a plug connector to the DSM or DSCM Driver's Seat Control Module may have came unplugged check the connections first. Then see if the seat goes back and forth. Another thing to try is push the seat control button on door forward and push the seat forward with your butox forward at the same time. This will re-align the seat. It could have come off track, it happens. Mine was doing this. You can buy the seat modules off of Ebay or possibly Rockauto. Also check fuses in panel. Might even need a new seat switch on drivers door.

The seat can't be moved manually. Try your best to get to the back bolts with the socket set. ****Keep in mind I know you have a '98 but my '99 was the first year for side airbags. Make sure you unplug the battery terminals for safety precautions. These cars have a lot of electronics.

How to get seat out: Granted I know you cant move it but, remove front seat track covers both front and rear of seat. Be careful how you take those covers off you should be able to pull up and over (they cover the nuts/bolts to floor). Next Disconnect all electrical plug in connectors, be careful when doing this too you don't want to bend any of the metal prongs, use flash light to see all connections. If you have lumbar remove the shield, pay attention to how the shield comes off. Remove the screws, carefully disconnect the connections. Also be careful not to damage seat back with all the wiring. I do not think you have to remove the armrests if you have column shift. If you have console shift its a little easier maybe.

Now after all these tests you might need a new or pre-owned driver seat track with memory controls. Make sure to check if you have heated seats or not...

Seat module switch on door:
99 00 01 02 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL L. FRONT DOOR SWITCH DRIVER'S SEAT MOTOR CONTROL | eBay

Driver seat module new: NEW OEM Ford Seat Control Module LH F80B-13C789-AD Lincoln Continental 1998-1999 | eBay

Driver seat module old: Tested * 99 Lincoln Continental Driver Memory Seat Control Module F80B13C789AD | eBay

Seat track with Memory: 99-02 Lincoln contenental drivers side power seat track w/memory | eBay
I hope this helps. Keep us updated.
Thanks for the reply. The only part that does not work is the right side worn screw. Left side works fine. I'll retry next weekend.
Do you know were I can get bushings for the rear strut bar?

I understand. At least for sure you know its that screw.

To answer your question concerning the bushings, you can get them pretty much at any auto parts store or Rockauto. Moog sells them for this car they are made from thermoplastic which is a lot more durable and your car will perform a lot better too.

Here is the link to Moog: http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/products/lincoln_continental_1998

Let us know how things turn out for you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back