Power Folding Mirrors

trinibassman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok amidst all my problems I love the LS and I want to do more with it, so my next venture is to try to retrofit the power folding mirrors of the newer models onto my 2000. has anyone ever done it and where did you get the mirrors (besides the dealer that is).

I did the retrofit and it is pretty easy. I got the mirrors from the dealer though.

Check ebay

I found my mirrors on ebay and painted them and slapped them right on...Just had to hook up one extra wire for the puddle light other than that it was plug and play

trinibassman said:
Ok amidst all my problems I love the LS and I want to do more with it, so my next venture is to try to retrofit the power folding mirrors of the newer models onto my 2000. has anyone ever done it and where did you get the mirrors (besides the dealer that is).
I can get them brand new for $192 each plus shipping. Ford only sells them unpainted. If you wanted them painted it would be another $100 for the pair. If interested let me know.

GrayGhost1 said:
I can get them brand new for $192 each plus shipping. Ford only sells them unpainted. If you wanted them painted it would be another $100 for the pair. If interested let me know.

That's a GREAT deal painted!!

Ok amidst all my problems I love the LS and I want to do more with it, so my next venture is to try to retrofit the power folding mirrors of the newer models onto my 2000
Really? Why?
My '06 has them, and my '02 didn't, but I don't think that they are worth your trouble. Sure they fold in, but manually (not powered like some fancy euro sedans). The mirror is actually smaller, to make room for the hinge, and they don't look as 'clean' because of the seam/hinge. If you want puddle lamps, maybe you could add something like that to your existing mirrors.

Members online

No members online now.
Back