Power brake problem...

dannyinfl

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Have a '93 Mark VIII. Just completed the suspension conversion on front and rear. What a difference. However, now I have a problem with the brakes. When I press on the pedal, you can hear a hissing sound like air is escaping, and the pedal is hard to press and pushes back. I have to push very hard to slow and stop the car. No leaks have been noticed, and the brake reservior is full. Note: The car has had new brakes, rotors, calipers and pads within the last six months. I have been told this problem is a bad brake power booster. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions, or had a similar problem? What about installation, do it yourself or mechanic job?

Hissing indiciates the booster is bad in most cases. Especially if the brakes are harder then normal to press.

(i dont reminder correctly)their is 3 bolt from inside the car and another 3 on the booster itself and then the lines, but you also have to cutoff the fliud, take bout what1hr isntall and remove. they go for hundred and somthing....and of course after installing you have to bleed the lines again that can be done from the fliud canister

lincolnboy said:
(i dont reminder correctly)their is 3 bolt from inside the car and another 3 on the booster itself and then the lines, but you also have to cutoff the fliud, take bout what1hr isntall and remove. they go for hundred and somthing....and of course after installing you have to bleed the lines again that can be done from the fliud canister
Changing a booster is just that. No bleeding, no lines to remove?

ONEBADMK8 said:
Changing a booster is just that. No bleeding, no lines to remove?

i was talking bout the vacumm line, how diff is it to change from a cougar 95

Members online

No members online now.
Back