Posting for a friend 2003 Lincoln LS V6

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My friend is having some issues with her 2003 Lincoln LS V6 ...I'm going to check it out Friday and will report back with some info...any thoughts, ideas and/or things I should check right away ...bringing my Forscan of course ...just wanted to get some ideas from all you V6 owners and all the rest of the experts on the FORUM ...Thanks guys/gals
This is the info I received from her
"We changed the tps, throttle body, fuel pump and the gas pedal, after these codes were being thrown out. The same problems exist as before. Started out as stalling during driving, and now it starts "sometimes" and idles ok, then idles rough. Gas pedal unresponsive. Wont idle past just under 2000 rpm and if you shift out of park, it kills. I was told it was likely the pcm.

I don't see fuel filter on your list

coils and plugs, look for misfires on 1,2,or 3, those are under the intake plenum, could be a misfire on any coil. Check smell of exhaust to confirm sulphuric smelling odoriforous emanations. That would confirm a bad coil. The bad coil may also be plowing away the electrical fly by wire throttle body. All LS models changed to ETC in 2003, right?

Members online

Back