possible vacuum leak

Surfdude 49

LVC Member
Reaction score
Greetings
I just finished replacing the neck and t stat assy and now I have an etc failsafe code. I did have to loosen the intake bolts to get the rear bolt out and moved the intake about a quarter inch to get the bolt out. I'm just wondering if those gaskets reseal or now I need to remove the intake assy and replace the gaskets. This a 2006 ls.

A vacuum leak shouldn't cause ETC failsafe. Are you sure you plugged the MAF back in? Didn't crack the vacuum tube assembly that goes to the EGR and the fuel pressure sensor?

Those metal gaskets for the intake don't have much seal on them. I always replace them or put a little gasket maker on them.

A vacuum leak shouldn't cause ETC failsafe. Are you sure you plugged the MAF back in? Didn't crack the vacuum tube assembly that goes to the EGR and the fuel pressure sensor?

Those metal gaskets for the intake don't have much seal on them. I always replace them or put a little gasket maker on them.
I'll ckeck that out in the am Thanks

greetings
open the hood this morning Checked all connections and said see if anything changed This V-8 sounds as sweet as ever true FM

Greetings
I just finished replacing the neck and t stat assy and now I have an etc failsafe code. I did have to loosen the intake bolts to get the rear bolt out and moved the intake about a quarter inch to get the bolt out. I'm just wondering if those gaskets reseal or now I need to remove the intake assy and replace the gaskets. This a 2006 ls.
greetings
open the hood this morning Checked all connections and said see if anything changed This V-8 sounds as sweet as ever true FM
Hi, Billboats here, you want to check if theres a leak get some starter fluid and spray close to the place where bolt came out. If rpm goes higher, then it 99% sure a gasket came loose. While your at it spray misty all around the manifold while running motor;. See if rpm goes up. if so manifold gasket likely

Members online

No members online now.
Back